Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New Food Discovery...

J72FIT
J72FIT Posts: 5,988 Member
Note to self, 2% yogurt mixed with honey is delightful...

That is all ;)

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    One of my favorites! Throw in a dash of cinnamon and / or vanilla extract.
  • J72FIT
    That sounds good...
  • browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Try 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I like to use Greek but any plain yogurt will work) mixed with 1 tbsp liquid honey, 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder. Soooooo delis!
  • Cressy01
    Cressy01 Posts: 2 Member
    0% fat Greek yogurt with red grapes and walnuts is lovely!!
  • J72FIT
    Try 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I like to use Greek but any plain yogurt will work) mixed with 1 tbsp liquid honey, 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder. Soooooo delis!

2% and peanut butter is a go to of mine... love it. Will try this too.
  • J72FIT
    Cressy01 wrote: »
    Sounds good. For me, 2% is as low as I go. Generally like full fat plain solo but when I add little extras I lower the fat content of the yogurt...
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Honey is the best sweetener for yogurt :)

Especially wildflower honey.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Berry flavored greek yogurt with PB2 powder mixed into it tastes like a PB&J. Yum.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member

Diligently writes this down on a postie for future reference..................
  • shan_sel
    shan_sel Posts: 31 Member
    I wish I liked honey! I do Greek yogurt, 1 tbs pb, 1 tbs reduced sugar jelly, grapes, and granola. Glad I read this tho. Gives me some options! :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,733 Member
    2% Greek yogurt with a bit of maple syrup is delish! But, it's quite high in sugar and carbs so I'll go with vanilla extract and a packet of sweetener but strawberry jam or apricot preserves is yummy, too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Sounds good. For me, 2% is as low as I go. Generally like full fat plain solo but when I add little extras I lower the fat content of the yogurt...

I'm still honestly not able to tell the difference between Fage 0% and Fage 2%. So I stick to 0 now...
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Anyone try quark? I am finding I like it better than greek yogurt, closer to sour cream. Yummy with sweet added or just savory, it's wonderful on a baked sweet potato
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Calibrate wrote: »
    Anyone try quark? I am finding I like it better than greek yogurt, closer to sour cream. Yummy with sweet added or just savory, it's wonderful on a baked sweet potato

I've tried Elli's Quark and found it disgusting.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
    Calibrate wrote: »

I like Quark! I think it's less sour/tart than greek yogurt which definitely works for me.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    1 T peanut butter, warm briefly in microwave. Stir in some Greek yogurt. Tastes like dessert! (Hmm. I'll have to try with cocoa)
  • J72FIT
    Francl27 wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »

I'm still honestly not able to tell the difference between Fage 0% and Fage 2%. So I stick to 0 now...

I hear ya. I'm usually stick with the full fat versions so 2% is really low for me... lol!
  • J72FIT
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    1 T peanut butter, warm briefly in microwave. Stir in some Greek yogurt. Tastes like dessert! (Hmm. I'll have to try with cocoa)

Never thought to warm the peanut butter... must try.