ive been for a year and a half now, feel free to add me
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    lyxw.gif

Of course, all the time.

OMG that woman on the pull up bar! Dying...lol
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Loved crossfire....but injured my shoulder doing man makers with 45 lb dumbells. 100 reps for time

Rehabbing is a long road
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2016
    vms4evr wrote: »
    raven56706 wrote: »
    love crossfit. Has increased the amount of people that come to physical therapy!

That was a big problem when CF first started. Too many people who are clueless opened CF gyms. Doing wild exercises with no form. People got hurt.

Even today there are a number of CF workouts that have some questionable moves in them. Find a very reputable gym that does CF. Give it a try. I used CF type workouts outdoors and obstacle work to prep for an OCR. It was fun and different from my other workouts. I was burning about 1,000 cals/hour doing the outdoor stuff. That's more than any workout I do. CF boasts that it has functional fitness over other programs. I see it but it's not the only way to get functional fitness.

That's something I've noticed when watching videos of people doing cf workouts (why do cfers always post videos of themselves working out?) some of the form they exhibit make me cringe and the trainer is just standing there relaxing with a clipboard not saying a word. That's what's kept me from even trying it.