Help with Women's pants brand for Pear shape (bigger thighs)

Options
13»

Replies

• Stanley1903
    Stanley1903 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have broad hips, but I don't have large thighs. Unless I lose a lot of weight, pants never fit my thighs. However, I love Levi's. I've had decent luck in the past with Gloria Vanderbilt, Bill Blass (when I was at my thinnest and had closer to your proportions; they have higher rises, also), and Old Navy. I love the sweetheart cut. There is more room in the hip/butt/thigh in sweethearts.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    socajam wrote: »
    Definitely not cheap

I agree that NYDJ are not cheap, but jeans can last for a very long time if you take care of them. I prefer to spend many in a good pair of jeans that fits my body nicely rather than wear something that makes me look older than I am (and I am older!) and totally unflattering. But we are all different.

And your point is?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    I am so confused! I don't have the 10 inch difference between waist and hips - built straight and it makes pants so hard to find. I thought they were all made for that curvier shape. I'm 29"-37" right now with legs around 21-22" (muscle) and waist is definitely the limiting factor for me in jeans, they are always too tight in the waist if they fit everywhere else. It seems like if I was 26"-37" (which isn't ever gonna happen) then they would fit great.

Do pants just not fit ANYONE?

I understand. A couple years ago I had almost identical measurements to yours, and yes, pants were always too tight in the waist if they fit elsewhere. That's still my problem to some extent but now my waist is around 28" and hips 38".
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Gloria Vanderbelt. Great with curves. Nice colors. Come in tall.
  • awasson7
    awasson7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    awasson7 wrote: »
    Gloria Vanderbilt high rise jeans are great for pear shaped bodies. You do have to order them online though. I had to buy 1-2 sizes smaller - they run big.

I meant Liz Claiborne, not Gloria Vanderbilt - sorry.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped. I wear high waisted pants because it sucks everything in. I read a few articles that our shape should wear those types of pants. I like levis curvy fit jeans.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I second American Eagle and raise you Old Navy. I'm stupid tall too - so that makes it all more fun. 37' inseam, 28 waist, 41 hips. I really like Old Navy's Curvy Jeans. They don't bunch in the back :)

Dress pants. I HAVE to get mine from New York and Company. I have never found any long enough and even there I have to wear flats. I'm not sure if they are super good for curvy people, I just have to settle.
  • lisalewis7588
    lisalewis7588 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I went on a mission last fall to find jeans. Exact same problem as you. Waist 30", hips 41", thighs 23". My goal was to find a pair of jeans that I didn't need a belt for (which I always had to wear to prevent the gaposis problem).

I tried on at least 60 pairs of jeans at Sears, Kohls, Dillards, Macy's, JCPenney, Walmart, Fred Meyer, Target, and Shopko. (yes, this was an ALL-DAY event).

I found 2 that work. just 2. NYDJ (but not all NYDJ, certain styles and even colors fit better than others--you just have to try them on) and Levi's 515. Obviously the Levi's are a more economical choice, but NYDJ really did fit SO WELL I couldn't NOT buy them (and I hate spending money on clothes). That was in October, and now it's March, and they still fit so beautifully! Every time I put them on I smile, which is unlike any other jeans I have ever owned in my entire life. No belt, no gap, no problems whatsoever.

Good luck!
  • NotSoPerfectPam
    NotSoPerfectPam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bandolino brand - mandie style. Found mine at Steinmart. Also, Macy's has a few types of jeans that have worked for me. Good luck.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Gloria Vanderbilt works for me, the corduroys especially. I also find the Dress Barn Classic Fit jeans to fit well.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I really like wranglers.... most other cowboy type jeans for ladies have a bit more room in that region as well...
  • katekrapf
    katekrapf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Our measurements are pretty much the same. I'm currently 29.5 waist, 38.5 hips, and 22.5 thighs. My favorite jeans are Simply Vera Vera Wang Slimming Skinny Jeans in size 6 from Kohl's. They also have a bootcut shape if you prefer that. I also love Levi's Mid-Rise Skinny jeans or the 512 straight-leg from J.C. Penneys. I have them in an 8 now, but will be getting a 6 soon. I personally do not like any "curvy" cut jeans b/c I feel like the waist digs into my waist too much to get them to fit everywhere else.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    mallomary wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    socajam wrote: »
    Definitely not cheap

I agree that NYDJ are not cheap, but jeans can last for a very long time if you take care of them. I prefer to spend many in a good pair of jeans that fits my body nicely rather than wear something that makes me look older than I am (and I am older!) and totally unflattering. But we are all different.

Try Nordstrom Rack. I just got two pairs for a little under $100 and I love them.

Yes, there is usually a whole rack of NYDJ items at my Nordstrom Rack. Worth a try!
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I do very well with Lands End jeans. They have the higher waistband and make jeans for pear shapes that are great. Plus they come in several colors. I am 5'0" and their petite jeans -with and without stretch - give me plenty of room for my thighs which are also large, and my waist which is much smaller. Look online or at Sears, especially if you don't need petite sizing.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Levis bold curve. I have had success finding them on ebay for around the £20 mark