My struggle with my favorite foods...

Jconner30
Jconner30 Posts: 311
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I am one of those people who LOVE food. My grandmother told me their are two types of people; those who eat to live and those who live to eat. I am in the live to eat category :smile:. I guess, to me, food is like alcohol to an alcoholic. I found this site about a month ago and its really helping me stay on track. Its sort of my food 'AA meeting' :smile:

Here are some of the foods I had to give up while I am on my journey...

Tacos
Pizza
Twice backed potatoes
Biscuits and gravy
Hamburgers
Chips and Salsa / Queso
Flour Tortillas with butter
Fried (Chicken, Pork Chops, Chicken Fried Steak)
French Fries
Pita Chips with artichoke heart dip
Yeast rolls with a heaping knife full of butter
Mashed Potatoes

Yes, the above items were the reason I balloned to over 285... I have really changed my eating habits. I eat healthy but I still reward myself with the above items, BUT, right now they are rewards - not a lifestyle! I thank everyone here for support (yes I read a lot of success stories here). This site is so awesome! People are friendly and I like to know people are going through what I am going through here. I hope to soon be a success story.

First goal: 225 lbs
Second goal: 215
Third goal: 205
Final goal 195

Replies

• flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 499 Member
    Well, you just made me hungry!!! LOL!!! You are awesome yourself and i'm glad joined! Continue your amazing work!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    I feel your pain! I love tacos! I have to stay away from certain foods too because I have yet to master portion control with them. Healthy foods are no problem, I have my serving and move on and it makes me feel good. I can't touch ice cream or brownies for sure! One day I hope to be able to incorporate them into my life in small quantities, but I'm not there yet. I'm going to check out that website.
    Good luck to you!
  • Pizza is definitely my weakness! I could eat it every day. My wife did come up with a way to make personal pizzas low fat and low cal. However I'd still love to dig in to a large from Papa John's LoL

If you need any new friends along your journey feel free to add me!
  • Jconner30
    I cant just 'eat one' -- I eat the whole bag / the whole jar / the whole bowl :smile:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously. :(
  • Jconner30
    You mean the milk chocolate loaded with almonds that just melts in your mouth????
  • Jconner30
    @Sugarchef I like to warm a brownie in the microwave then put a scoop of ice cream on it, run some hersheys chocolate syrup over it and then sprinkle nuts on it.
  • ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    You are already a success story! With a little fine tuning, you will reach your goals in no time:smile:
This discussion has been closed.