Always bunged up and halve a cold since working out

Options
Daily. Since I got my Fitbit a month ago, I have made it an obligation to do at least 60 mins of exercise a day. Wher it be interval training, Kettlebells, a walk or high resistance elliptical. Problem is, I'm always getting sore throats and generally feeling like I'm coming down with something. My health is normally on point and the only thing that's changed is that I've gone from working out 3-4 times a week, to working out daily. Is this normal and what can I do to counteract it?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Are you working out in a gym? Most cold-like things are passed through the hands, so could you be touching equipment that others are using? Can you get a hand sanitiser and start using that more frequently?
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm working out at home solely and my walks are outdoors in the fresh air
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Are you working out in a gym? Most cold-like things are passed through the hands, so could you be touching equipment that others are using? Can you get a hand sanitiser and start using that more frequently?

This. I find, including this week, if I've been at the gym a lot I contract the worst effing colds. People don't wipe down the weights or equipment either so it makes it more likely to catch something!
  • Pob25
    Pob25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do you live in the UK?
    As daft as it sounds if you're outside more in the spring air it could be a touch of hayfever! Does it go off after you finish?
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Gosh pob25 I didn't even think of that! Yes it typically starts when I finish. You could be onto something! I didn't realise hay fever could suddenly come on. Thought it was something that you had from a young age!
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    I was going to suggest hay fever or allergy if it's not 'clearing' or doing much else!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Too much exercise. Cut in half.