5'1 160lbs

Options
deerod905
deerod905 Posts: 6 Member
Hi everyonr..I just started mfp three weeks ago . I've been staying around 1600 calories I think I need to go down to 1200. Im.doing a 30 min jillian michaels workout that includes weights 4 days a week plus my own 30 min cardio and cardio on the 5th day. Any ideas on what has worked for you guyz ?

Replies

• japplayz
    japplayz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Clean eating & lifting heavy seems to work every time. Sounds like your on the right track
  • vherrere123
    vherrere123 Posts: 27 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I started where you are. I ate 1500 to begin and now am at 1400 calories. I also count macros. I eat a lot of protein. Give it time.

68127998.png

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 160 as well (down from 220) and watching calories and becoming more active has worked like a charm for me!
  • slong12041989
    slong12041989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! I'd be cautious trying to cut your calories down TOO much. From my up and down weight loss progress experience... I'd rather consistently lose half a pound a week eating 1500 calories than lose two pounds one week, gain a pound the next week, lose one, gain three, etc. as I do when I restrict too much then binge, but that's just me!

Also focusing on eating more protein and complex carbs has helped me restrict my calorie count without feeling hungry all the time.
  • valerie0021
    valerie0021 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm drunk, so I'm not going to lie to you; being short and overweight sucks! You have to work twice as hard as tall people to see half the result. Cut down on sodium if you want to see the scale move faster. Other than that, give it time. I'm 5'2 and can eat 1600 calories and still see results. It takes time and patients to figure out what works for you. But once you do, you can make the scale move faster. Just don't worry about changing everything suddenly. Change little things and see how that effects your results. It's trial and error.
  • ccfessler
    ccfessler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1“ and 135lbs. I started at 170lbs. I eat around 1500 calories a day, counting macros and eating clean. 50p/30c/20f with carbs being ate pre and post workout. For exercise I lift heavy and do HIIT for cardio. It's no harder for short people to lose weight than any other person, you just need to be diligent in nutrition. Good luck on your journey!
  • dazzle660
    dazzle660 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 just started my journey so far I have lost about 15lbs. I have been doing a 5 day split with heavy lifting. I do 30 min. On c25k then an additional 30 of cardio. I am on 1200 cal/day LCHF diet/paleo. I can agree with how shorter people lose weight slower only because we are generally endomorphic body type. That type of fat is harder to lose. I advise you to drink a gallon of water a day and at least 3 cups of hot green tea / day. Also, weight train before cardio. And plank, plank, plank, squat, squat squat. Good Luck, I know we can do it !!

• 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    deerod905 wrote: »
    Hi everyonr..I just started mfp three weeks ago . I've been staying around 1600 calories I think I need to go down to 1200. Im.doing a 30 min jillian michaels workout that includes weights 4 days a week plus my own 30 min cardio and cardio on the 5th day. Any ideas on what has worked for you guyz ?
    Treadmill and recumbent bike.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    deerod905 wrote: »

On days you work out you should be eating 1600. On days you don't you should be eating 1350 (This is assuming you have a desk job). If you want to average that, that's 1528 calories a day. Don't drop down to 1200, you'll be too hungry.

As for what works for me I do a modified paleo/non-inflammatory diet for performance (see eat to perform). It's restrictive for what most people are use to, but I get large and wholesome meals.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!