New and Looking for Friends

Options
Annycmt
Annycmt Posts: 13 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All

The past year has been grueling with an overall weightless of 35lbs. Since the holidays and diving back in the dating scene, I've been gradually putting it back on.

My first steps were lifestyle changes. It led to the completion of one of my goals to run a half marathon by the end of 2015. This year, I am more focused, with an actual plan adding reliance on better diet instead of just gradual but substantial changes, mostly in activity and cutting alcohol.

My biggest challenge is staying consistent as I need a good support group, and who better than those on the same journey.

So, let's be friends :) say hi!

Replies

• Debbieknight75
    Debbieknight75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • Annycmt
    Options
    Hello!

Happy Friday. I just finished an awesome shrimp stir-fry. How was your lunch? :)
  • antwanp2
    antwanp2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did you make the shrimp stir-fry?
  • Annycmt
    Options
    I did! It's super easy :)

Is there a way to post pictures here..?
  • thekiakid
    thekiakid Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Think so. I see a camera icon on top the message box see if it works. Tried it and it does half marathon is impressive keep it up!
  • Annycmt
    Options
    Perhaps the mobile Android version doesn't let you. I don't see a camera option...

But thank you! I'm thinking about doing one of the Spartan races this year to change it up :)

Anything anyone's done that helped jump start this journey?
  • karebare180
    karebare180 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just joined like 20 min ago hehe. Trying to loose the stubborn belly fat, (6 lbs)
  • thekiakid
    thekiakid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Weird that it doesn't have it on droid version. Right above my reply box there are options for bold italics etc far right is camera icon.

I'm going on a bike ride this summer called "the Michigander". About 50 miles a day for 6 days. Hopefully be in much better shape by then. Concentrating on step counts and trying to log everything I eat
  • Annycmt
    Options
    Hi! Just joined like 20 min ago hehe. Trying to loose the stubborn belly fat, (6 lbs)

So far that's been the worst for me! What's your thoughts on tackling it?
  • Annycmt
    Options
    Thekiakid, 50 miles a day for 6 days is super impressive!! But that's probably a cake walk for you right? :p

That's one of my next investments, a good bike!
  • cooch67
    cooch67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, trying to loose weight again, tough to do alone. Good luck :)
  • Annycmt
    Options
    cooch67 wrote: »
    Hi, trying to loose weight again, tough to do alone. Good luck :)

Likewise! Trying to lose 20 lbs in 3 months.

What are your goals? :)
  • kierasayshi
    kierasayshi Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Í'm currently trying to lose 20 lbs. We should be buds!
  • MrActiveForLife
    MrActiveForLife Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Annycmt wrote: »
    Hi All

The past year has been grueling with an overall weightless of 35lbs. Since the holidays and diving back in the dating scene, I've been gradually putting it back on.

My first steps were lifestyle changes. It led to the completion of one of my goals to run a half marathon by the end of 2015. This year, I am more focused, with an actual plan adding reliance on better diet instead of just gradual but substantial changes, mostly in activity and cutting alcohol.

My biggest challenge is staying consistent as I need a good support group, and who better than those on the same journey.

So, let's be friends :) say hi!

Hello! Great to hear that you're so motivated to achieve your goals. Glad to help out if you need any support!

I'm trying to lose 22lbs and tone up my body (hopefully, before summer!) but I'm happy to provide any motivation or support to anyone with a fitness goal!
  • bad_flo
    bad_flo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me please because i can t add anyone! Trying to lose 40 pounds :)
  • AlyBarba
    AlyBarba Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    I'm new to My Fitness Pal, my goal is to lose 45 pounds. Looking for motivation and support.
  • _beachready
    _beachready Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I tried it once 2 years ago and with college thesis and life I lost motivation, BUT I really feel this time will be different. So... I'm also looking for support group :)

My goal is 20 pounds in 3 months as well.

Greetings from Dominican Republic!
  • Preshy999
    Preshy999 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have been battling with my weight for almost 5 years and everytime it was due to a lack of consistency. This time its going to be slow and worth it. How are you doing?

Preshy
  • koujo21
    koujo21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey lost 50lbs with the app, looking for friends to join the journey.
  • Annycmt
    Options
    _Aimeex3 wrote: »
    Hiya!

I tried it once 2 years ago and with college thesis and life I lost motivation, BUT I really feel this time will be different. So... I'm also looking for support group :)

My goal is 20 pounds in 3 months as well.

Greetings from Dominican Republic!

That's fantastic that you're getting back on it! First step is starting. :D Let's she'd these pesky pounds!