Help me!!

Options
Why is gaining weight so hard!!! There has got to be a easier way!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    An easier way? Eating more calorie dense foods, that's all I got.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Eat more food. I guarentee you don't know the true struggle. On a busy day I have to eat over 4000 calories to maintain a surplus.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you're not a "big" eater it can be a challenge. Was for me. Very small appetite. Try eating dense foods that you like. It might get repetitive but will help you get use to eating more. Try to mange your time so eating more cals at one sitting can take longer. My first meal of the day is 1100 cals. Half from a protein shake and half from dense foods. I consume this over 30 to 40 minutes. Eat. Get ready for work. Eat get ready. Etc, etc. If you start to exercise it should help stimulate your appetite too.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Eat more food. I guarentee you don't know the true struggle. On a busy day I have to eat over 4000 calories to maintain a surplus.

Wow! I couldn't even imagine that. I had a 3200 day back when I started and that was more work then the lifting ;-)
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I think one of the easiest way could be

Oats, two protein scoop (weight gainer even better ) or three spoons of peanut butter, 10-15 grams of almonds, Milk 2% turn your blender on. If more calories needs then add a banana and eggs. Drink it. This kind of shake could go anywhere from 300-900 calories.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    This calculator will tell you not only your BMI, but how many servings of the various food groups to eat
    to maintain any particular weight.
    If you enter your healthy goal weight, this will help you plan your food intake.
    https://www.bcm.edu/cnrc-apps/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html
  • hercrdh88
    hercrdh88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Meet all your nutrition goals then it's easy. ;)
  • markbme
    markbme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bread and potatoes...weight will come lol...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Why is gaining weight so hard!!! There has got to be a easier way!!

You just have to eat the right combinations of foods. Don't eat more, eat smarter. This thread has a list of many high calorie foods, that will you hit you calorie goals. Also, increase frequency and lift big. Both of those should stimulate hunger a bit.
  • Crogirl_22
    Crogirl_22 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Lifting was the only way with me how I could gain weight... even when I ate lots of high cal BS food in the past I never gained weight on the scale.. eating good cals and meeting them with lifting made the weight come on its own :p
  • MamaLlamaThatsMe
    MamaLlamaThatsMe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    markbme wrote: »

Agreeing with this. It is only since I had to stop eating both, in order to manage a painful health condition, that I have struggled with low weight, personally.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    markbme wrote: »

Agreeing with this. It is only since I had to stop eating both, in order to manage a painful health condition, that I have struggled with low weight, personally.

Bread and potatoes alone wont' make weight gain. I eat them daily and lose weight and still manage to hit my protein goal of 150g and fiber goals of around 30g.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I could eat 4000 cals a day easily. We are all so different with our hunger hormones!