eating too little causing me to binge

Options
Hi I'm a 19 year old female I am 4 ft 11 and I currently weigh 125 pounds, I used to be anorexic but then I wanted to recover and at that point I couldn't stop binge eating and that is how I got to the weight I am now, well now that I weigh 125 pounds I want to lose weight (and it was hard to learn to stop binge eating), anyway , I eat 1200 calories and the next day I end up binge eating again because I feel so hungry, it's weird because before my anorexia I used to eat 1200 calories a day fine. What should I do??

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Talk to a profession who is qualified to give you advice concerning your history.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    First well done on recovering from anorexia!

OK so looking at bmi yours is at 25 so hovering between overweight and a normal weight so you really don't need to lose too much at all. First of ask your medical professional for help and take it super slow (set your weightloss goal to something like 0.2 5lbs a week) maybe add some light exercise so you can eat more without it leading to binges. But definitely ask for some professional help you don't want to get back to disordered eating again. Good luck!
  • Tofuli
    Tofuli Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 11 too (go shorties!) and I started at 129lbs so similar, met my goal of 95lbs by sticking to 1200 calories. I found it easy to stick with by eating an almost entirely wholefood diet, and 100% plant based. Lots of fruit and veggies. At this height 1200 calories I didn't find too little, there is less of us than your average person after all.

Saying that if you have a history of eating disorders I would caution restricting at all... I haven't got a history of eating disorders but have found switching to maintenance and eating more mentally difficult after restricting for so long.

Maybe make a smaller deficit, maybe eat around 1300-1400 calories a day. You will still lose because originally that was how I started my weight loss and I was still losing at a steadily but found I could eat less calories but more food eating wholefoods.

If you want support from a fellow shortie feel free to add me!
  • Tofuli
    Tofuli Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    First well done on recovering from anorexia!

OK so looking at bmi yours is at 25 so hovering between overweight and a normal weight so you really don't need to lose too much at all. First of ask your medical professional for help and take it super slow (set your weightloss goal to something like 0.2 5lbs a week) maybe add some light exercise so you can eat more without it leading to binges. But definitely ask for some professional help you don't want to get back to disordered eating again. Good luck!

My bmi was around there to start with too, but I can see why she would want to lose. When you're short you carry weight a lot more than your average person! I feel much much healthier after my loss :smile:
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    Talk to a profession who is qualified to give you advice concerning your history.

This. Normally, I'd give advice on this, but given your history I think the only person who should be advising you on what to do from here is a professional.
  • hotdogimhungry
    hotdogimhungry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add more fiber, medium proteins low carbohydrates along with my fitness plan should be easy to accomplish. Go for flax meal, wheat bran, coconut flour and other low carbohydrates high fiber choices chia meal and flax and coconut flour all have high fiber content they soak up a lot of fluids so they should be mixed in water or liquid soaked in for a few minutes before adding to other foods 2T spoons mixed in water then soak Note drink plenty of water! Through out the day. These high fibers can be added to your soups, salads, sauces, and stiuff like oatmeal for breakfast while cooking or added to your yogurts plain greek yogurts being a good choice add berries lowest in carbohydrates. Use a natural sweetner like pure maple syrup or pure honey to sweeten your food stuff. Use protein breads so your hunger meter will stay level carbs spike your blood sugatpr making you hungry and crave foods in general. These high fibers will give you something for your body to work hard at digesting so you will keep a balanced blood sugar lever and curb your binge eating of course this won't control your boardem if you are an emotional eater that will have to be dealt with a professional . But like all diet plans seek a professional diet advisor always !!! I am not a professional just someone that stumbled onto a high fiber that cut my hunger meter by 80 precent. Like all people you're not eating enough fiber if you are always hungry! like all People on our planet! Fiber is key! Good luck!