June 20th is the 1st day of summer... what size will your bathing suit be?

Options
2»

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Currently, my size 14 suit that I bought in December is gettin' seriously baggy in the behind. By June 1st? Hoping to be in a 10, but since I'm rather large-breasted, I may be in the 12 range. Either way, it's all good.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Please don't care. eat healthy and dont worry about time.
  • yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have never owned or worn a bikini before. This summer I will. A first for at this ripe old age. I'm thinking I will be an 8/9
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Wetcoaster wrote: »

This is my motto :smile:
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My current bathing suit is a size UK14 / US10.
    All my current clothes are getting pretty baggy but I'm not comfortably fitting into the next size down just yet, but by June I should happily be in a UK12 / US 8.

I'm getting married in October and I'm hoping to be back to my old size by then, UK10 / US 6.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I recently wore last years which is XS bottoms and S top, it's a tad big, but I doubt I'd fit an XXS! I've only worn it s few times so either way that's the size I'll be wearing :D
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I am off on vacation in less than 2 weeks. My bikinis are between a 4 and an XS depending on fit. I hope they still fit by the time summer arrives.

Cheers, h.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Found at biggest I couldn't get suit to fit a 16 I couldn't breath in an 18 fell off shoulders.
    Now I wear women's trunks and a rash vest. Trunks a size 10. Vest a size 12. Or a small to medium depending on brand. Though have just bought one size 12 that's too big though think that's a brand rather than size.

Am finding swim gear a similarly addictive to the shoes addiction that some ladies get. Have 7 sets of trunks (though one too big) and about 12 tops yet always keep looking for more.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm losing about 1lb per week. I'm going away in early May and have already bought my swimming costume/bathing suit. I'm hovering between a UK12/14 currently, 14 a bit big, 12 a bit snug because butt and boobs, my waist fits just fine! And calves if we're being really pedantic. Anyway, I have bought all UK12s in my shorts and bathing suit (no bikini because I couldn't find one I liked cheap enough for potentially not getting worn at all as I'm not doing a beach holiday). Most of May will also be a diet break so I expect to be the same size in June. I don't care, it's not about this summer, it's about all of the summers for the rest of my life, I'd rather eat a little more now and be happy and take a little longer to hit goal.

I have never lost 10lbs a month because I have never set out to lose more than 1lb per week FYI, sweeping statements are sweeping. I'm 5'5 and started at 220lbs.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @playmadcats, glad someone else has a massive collection of swimwear. I have 6-7 mix and match bikinis and nearly bought a new one today. I resisted, I may find something more interesting in the Caribbean.

@VintageFeline is that a new hair colour? I love it.

Cheers, h.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    June 20 is the start of winter so I won't be wearing any swimsuits. Summer starts in December so there is still lots of time left to lose 7.5kg.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @playmadcats, glad someone else has a massive collection of swimwear. I have 6-7 mix and match bikinis and nearly bought a new one today. I resisted, I may find something more interesting in the Caribbean.

@VintageFeline is that a new hair colour? I love it.

Cheers, h.

i have a pool and go to the beach somewhat often.

i have suits in everything from a 8 to a 16 lol

3 new bikinis, then 3 from the end of last summer that probably still fit decently enough. a one piece i rarely ever wear and a bunch of random pieces. and those are what i can wear now. theres bigger and smaller stuff i cant lol
  • leanne0627
    leanne0627 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first bikini yesterday! But I'm not sure I'll have the guts to wear it. Hoping to lose 10 lbs or so before summer and hopefully then I can rock it. I bought a really cute one with a high waisted bottom to cover my little bit of extra skin. Can't wait for some warm weather!
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I'd like to be down to a size 14, but don't think it will happen by summer. I'll be wearing a size 16....three years ago I was wearing a 22/24.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I won't be wearing any swimsuits this summer's because of tubes in my kidneys but, I would most likely be able to wear a 6 maybe a 4. Last time I wore a bathing suit it was probably a 10/12.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    @middlehaitch Sort of but not really! This is just the colour it fades to. It's different again now (that was January), all blonde with a pink flash through the fringe. I have to bleach it before adding the colour so I play around with it constantly when it's this short.

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a bikini arsenal too, but in recent years I've been mixing & matching tankini tops in. Right now I've got lots of 'm' or landsend 8 bottoms, and a few size 10 tops. It's all gotten really roomy. Yay!
    I'm going to Kuaui in August. May get something new then. Ideally I would be really near my 150 lb, but that's still 20 lbs away and I've only been losing 1/2 lb a week recently. Like others said above, I'm happy with this summer already... And I'm excited to see where I'll be in 3 or 5 more summers.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

Wetcoaster wrote: »

This for me. I'll probably still fit last year's swimwear. I don't recall the size, and I don't care what I look like in it. Nobody sees me in it except my children and husband, and maybe my girlfriends. I'm modest :)
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    xtina315 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to lose 10-15 lbs by then. I'm not setting a higher goal due to having a hard time getting this weight off. Im currently 212 hoping to be 200-195 by then.

My friend is a nutritionist, she told me (when I weighed 215) that taller people usually lose up to 10 pounds a month at that point.

I'm not that tall, and have PCOS which always makes it difficult for me to drop lbs.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I would love to lose 10 pounds by then. Guess you got me setting a goal. :)