Looking to lose 60 pounds by the end of 2016

Options
I'm looking to lose 60 pounds by the end of the year and with that I'm looking for support and all the motivation I can get I'm changing my diet and going to try and not have a soda and sweets going to be very hard but I know I can do it

Replies

• coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm aiming for about the same. I've replaced soda for flavored seltzer water when I'm craving bubbly & iced tea when I'm looking for a caffeine fix. You can sweeten it with liquid stevia, which I also put in my morning coffee :). As far as sweets, I eat lots of fresh fruits, use a tiny bit of maple syrup on my almond butter toast & occasionally indulge in some dark chocolate. Best of luck on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm new to MFP & would appreciate the support
  • WalkingQueen1979
    WalkingQueen1979 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi there I feel you I want to be 150-170 I'm starting over need motivation too we can do this! :)
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Me im trying to get a beach bod so i can be shirtles for the first time add me
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    If you have sugar in your coffee or tea try reducing that first. Since cutting sugar out of my cups of tea, my craving for sweet stuff is much less than it used to be.
  • dragoncastillo97
    dragoncastillo97 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee I was doing soda in the morning but today I started and no soda or sweet stuff today so far
  • KatHallPhotos
    KatHallPhotos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Trying for 40lbs first.
    No matter how well I eat, I don't see results.
    Changing things a bit, not watching calories.
    Counting carbs and adding more exercise.
    How do you motivate yourself to run?
    Never been a runner but I would like to.
  • ARTMOM717
    ARTMOM717 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I've lost 16 pounds on a year, but instead of thinking about the weight, I've changed how I eat. I Do not keep sugar in the house and Eat really good fruit instead. I Don't keep junk in house. I Eat whole foods, a little nuts, lots of greens and all kinds of veggies. I eat whole grains that don't bloat me, some avocado, some coconut. I juice once a week. I eat meat once or twice a week and mostly beans and tempeh for protein. I also swim, walk, throw myself around in metabolic workouts, do yoga to help me sleep. If I want something sweet, I go for fruit. I've learned to make dressings from fruits and herbs and nut milks with spices. I have gone off but feel gross when I do. I stay away from processed store food and usually shop at farmers markets. I'm not looking to take off quick only to find it again.
  • ad0810
    ad0810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Trying for 40lbs first.

I've never been a runner and I recently just quit smoking. I started the couch to 5k app three weeks ago and it's been very doable. It gives intervals that you can achieve. The hardest part is actually making yourself get out there everyday, afterward, you feel like a million dollars.

• Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 66 pounds by my birthday!
  • KatHallPhotos
    Options
    ad0810 wrote: »
    Trying for 40lbs first.

I've never been a runner and I recently just quit smoking. I started the couch to 5k app three weeks ago and it's been very doable. It gives intervals that you can achieve. The hardest part is actually making yourself get out there everyday, afterward, you feel like a million dollars.

Awesome! I'll look into it.thanks
  • Dawnconner1983
    Dawnconner1983 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Trying for 40lbs first.

I've always been a horrible runner, but then someone got me into signing up for 5ks as a motivation. There are some fun ones.
    Since then I've been using apps to work myself towards them. I use couch to 5k. It tells you when to walk and when to run and you do it three days a week. My problem was that I used to start off too fast. I think you're supposed to start slow in a pace you can still talk in. I went from not being able to run longer than a minute a year ago to a couple Saturday's I did my first 5k without walking at all. It was slow but I did it.
    Now I'm using a 5k pacer app to help me increase my speed. So I'm active now. :( but I have to watch calories and lay off the soda. Still haven't lost weight but I do feel better than then. Oh and from what I've read you lose weight faster when you do cardio and strength training both.

Sorry this was way too long and probably tmi lol
  • KatHallPhotos
    Options
    Trying for 40lbs first.

I've always been a horrible runner, but then someone got me into signing up for 5ks as a motivation. There are some fun ones.
    Since then I've been using apps to work myself towards them. I use couch to 5k. It tells you when to walk and when to run and you do it three days a week. My problem was that I used to start off too fast. I think you're supposed to start slow in a pace you can still talk in. I went from not being able to run longer than a minute a year ago to a couple Saturday's I did my first 5k without walking at all. It was slow but I did it.
    Now I'm using a 5k pacer app to help me increase my speed. So I'm active now. :( but I have to watch calories and lay off the soda. Still haven't lost weight but I do feel better than then. Oh and from what I've read you lose weight faster when you do cardio and strength training both.

Sorry this was way too long and probably tmi lol

B) kick in butt and taking named that's awesome.
  • aquatimusprime
    aquatimusprime Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I want to lose about 60lbs (including gaining some muscle)
    Anyone else feel free to add me too :#