Any Cosplayer's out there?

Options

Replies

• dygitalpunk
    dygitalpunk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    wow so many great replies I was losing hope that anyone would comment on this :)

@ptsmiles - I have a Rose Tyler Cosplay was well.. but since I've changed my hair I'd need a wig to pull it off. My Union Jack Tee fist better than ever now but I went from I size 18+ jeans to a 34 (so very happy about that)

@kathryna615 I was big into WOW for a while so I'd love to see your cosplay when you have pics!

@rgbmore - I've beem to several Cons in my area but have been really fortunate not to have anyone harass me or make comments about my weight - I'm in Canada so that might have a little to do with it - no one really likes to be mean to people to their face lol. The strangest encounter I had in my Kaylee Suit was someone telling me that they wanted to Cosplay but wouldn't be confortable doing it if they didn't have a completey screen accurate costume... then complimented me on being brave enough to dress up... I felt insulted after the incounter but I am not sure they meant it that way. That was the con in the 2013 photo. I think you are right the mean commens will come no matter what size you are people can be jerks so I say just go for it and have fun.

@diannethegeek Do it! Make another one! I might have to as well - I think I have another teddy bear patch kicking around.

@chandanista LOVE the photo!

@chimaerandi *squeee!!!* <3 Salior Moon

@Kullerva going to have to google that one but would love to see pics :)

@ElizabethOakes2 OMG love Sleepy Hallow -- DO IT! and post pics ;)

@serenityfrye group/couple cosplay is the best... if I could get people to do it with me I would! The clostest I have come to Cosplay with my Hubby is halloween -- one year he was the Riddler and I was Query his Henchwoman, another year I was the 11th Doctor and he was my TARDIS.

@shadow2soul GEORGOUS! I would love to dress up has harely but don't have the confidence for it.

Thanks everyone for visiting this thread and leaving such awesome posts :)

• serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @dygitalpunk the kids and I all dressed up as Star Wars characters this Halloween but we considered it a win that we even managed to convince my husband to dress up as George Lucas lol he's really not into costume
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    rgbmore wrote: »
    I cosplay as Michiru Kaioh/Sailor Neptune. Actually working on her school uniform right now!

Sailor Scout/Senshi cosplays are such a staple for any convention, I think. Fun!!

I've done Rose from Titanic and other stuff, but I always come back to Michiru--she's my favorite, since I was little. part of the reason I'm sewing school uniforms right now is so my wife will be Haruka with me!
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My 17 yr old son cosplays 3 Doctors (7, War and 12). We went to 5 cons last year. Our first one this year is in June. My goal is to lose enough weight to cosplay with him. He suggested Ace or Missy.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Twin Peaks Special Agent Dale Cooper would be as easy as putting on a suit for me, so I would probably reach and go for Paul Atredies. A stillsuit, a jump rope wrapped around my chest, and my hair grown out, and I'm good to Go!
  • sceleratis
    sceleratis Posts: 89 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cosplayer here. Mostly steampunk/Victorian and variations on Disney princesses. My husband and I also do the ren faire thing. I'm hitting Megacon in May as steampunk Elsa. Working on my costume now.

Costume from Megacon last year.
    1jwetv1dml3z.jpg

Hipster Elsa.
    hibeuota0lxz.jpg
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Love all of the creative spins on costumes! I wish I were more creative.
  • dygitalpunk
    Options
    @sceleratis very nice! I am a steampunk fan but the closest I have come to dressing in that fashion was a halloween costume for a "wild west" themed party. Love when people do different versions of the disney princesses they are always so badass.
  • shellyburger
    shellyburger Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've also been dabbling in cosplay. I've done a Silent Hill Nurse, Zatanna and Aayla Secura from Star Wars as my biggest/most elaborate ones. My dream cosplay is Raven from Teen Titans, but the straight up body suit intimidates me a lot.2aehwg4oo3jw.jpeg
  • kizzim03
    kizzim03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to slim down to pull off a better Bard from the Hobbit movies for two conventions this year. Last year's attempt suffered from a badly cut coat and slapdash costuming. Crossplaying usually goes better when you're not as curvy. ^_^ A challenge!
  • missionYCO
    missionYCO Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fellow cosplayers! <3 So glad to see this thread. I love seeing everyone's costumes. <3

I actually just did a shoot today, haha.
    x3wwrn9yhwyy.jpg
  • dygitalpunk
    Options
    kizzim03 wrote: »
    I'm trying to slim down to pull off a better Bard from the Hobbit movies for two conventions this year. Last year's attempt suffered from a badly cut coat and slapdash costuming. Crossplaying usually goes better when you're not as curvy. ^_^ A challenge!

That sounds amazing! Would love to see pictures. I did a gender bent 11th doctor a few years back. I tried on just before a Con last October but had to veto it. It was too big and I am totally not skilled enough to take in a tweed suit jacket.
  • dygitalpunk
    Options
    missionYCO wrote: »
    Fellow cosplayers! <3 So glad to see this thread. I love seeing everyone's costumes. <3

I actually just did a shoot today, haha.
    x3wwrn9yhwyy.jpg

Super cute!
  • dygitalpunk
    Options
    I've also been dabbling in cosplay. I've done a Silent Hill Nurse, Zatanna and Aayla Secura from Star Wars as my biggest/most elaborate ones. My dream cosplay is Raven from Teen Titans, but the straight up body suit intimidates me a lot.2aehwg4oo3jw.jpeg

Love it!

I want to do a soul survivor cosplay...huge fallout fan. I totally get the bodysuit intimidation. *hugs* jumpsuits/coveralls are more my thing. Less intimidating and a little more forgiving.
  • kizzim03
    Options

That sounds amazing! Would love to see pictures. I did a gender bent 11th doctor a few years back. I tried on just before a Con last October but had to veto it. It was too big and I am totally not skilled enough to take in a tweed suit jacket.

Hope you try the Doctor cosplay again. Tailoring a male jacket takes some skill/sorcery that I can't figure out. At least I was able to take in the Bard coat along the side seams. My only saving grace with the Bard 1.0 was that I had my own Arkenstone and plush Thorin.

Bard 1.04qdt0doxlhlo.jpg
    tbvvdb5rrtd6.jpg

• MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I want to cosplay but I always get discouraged saying something like "I'd make a terrible so-and-so anyway"

Everyone in this thread looks so awesome!
  • rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fellow cosplayers! <3

Ah your costume is too cute!!

Hope you try the Doctor cosplay again. Tailoring a male jacket takes some skill/sorcery that I can't figure out. At least I was able to take in the Bard coat along the side seams. My only saving grace with the Bard 1.0 was that I had my own Arkenstone and plush Thorin.
    Bard 1.0

Your Bard is spot on!! WOAH!!
    MinmoInk wrote: »
    I want to cosplay but I always get discouraged saying something like "I'd make a terrible so-and-so anyway"

Do it anyways and enjoy it! I make a terrible EVERYTHING but it's still fun. And the nice people make it worth it. I mean, hardly anyone can look EXACTLY like these FICTIONAL characters, so go for it! (Except for that Bard costume, that's real or sorcery!)
  • kizzim03
    Options
    rgbmore wrote: »
    Fellow cosplayers! <3

Your Bard is spot on!! WOAH!!
    MinmoInk wrote: »

Do it anyways and enjoy it! I make a terrible EVERYTHING but it's still fun. And the nice people make it worth it. I mean, hardly anyone can look EXACTLY like these FICTIONAL characters, so go for it! (Except for that Bard costume, that's real or sorcery!)

Thanks for the compliment! 2.0 is much better despite the bad lighting. rdacrmk31f3x.jpg

I agree with above, DO IT ANYWAY! The point is to have fun! And there are a whole lot of nice people in cosplay. ^_^
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options