Looking for friends who struggle with emotional eating!

Options
Hello! I'm new here and am hoping this app will help me to keep a better food diary of what I'm eating and how I'm feeling. I struggle with emotional eating. I eat very healthy most times but if I get too bored at work or too stressed (anytime) I binge eat. Sometimes it's healthy food and sometimes it isn't. It impacts me mentally so I more so want to overcome this habit just to not feel so guilty! I would love to connect with others who can relate to these struggles so we can support each other!

Replies

• shella_suryani
    shella_suryani Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have this problem as well. Sometimes when i feel stress or under pressured. I'll just binge a lot on junk food and high carbs processed. I couldn't control myself on doing it. And i ended up hating myself and starve myself the next day. I wish we could motivate each other to get back on the healthy way.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too. Mfp has helped tremendously. Just logging, connecting with people who support me and exercising made me feel better. Let's be honest I still binge sometimes, but I've found that when I do, I eat way less than I did before and I am less tempted to have a 4-day binge (since I have already started to eat like crap, I can continue a bit... You know). Welcome :)
  • lfod308
    lfod308 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the same problem. I eat very well with few cravings until I'm under stress and then I eat junk food like fast food. Like a addict I have to struggle to stop eating that junk food all over again. Funny part is when I eat well I feel GREAT! Why do I crave foods that make my feel bad? This app and community has been a life safer for me as I yo yo up and down with my health.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Same :(
  • AlyBarba
    AlyBarba Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Same boat here! feel free to add me anyone
  • Jennifer10229
    Jennifer10229 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's really a daily mental struggle! 1-2 days a week I have a "day" where it's mindless regretful eating! Today I had nutty bars and cookie dough bites for lunch :( then end up in the gym for hours. Luckily I'm able to hop back to my healthy ways but I know it's delaying my progress! Tomorrow is a new day, good luck!!
  • WyattsMomKimberly
    WyattsMomKimberly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi its a huge struggle for me and has been all my life. I am new and not officially starting until Monday. I have a lot of weight to lose and am open to having new buddies!
  • thegritsgirl
    thegritsgirl Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi! I'm new and struggle with emotional eating. I would love friends as a support group. Not sure how to add them....
  • slamminsambo
    slamminsambo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the time I began filling the cracks in my life with food. A true struggle...
  • viking884
    viking884 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the last 3 years 2 of my children have passed away and my husband has brain cancer hes having radiation now followed by 6 months chemo, i lost 45kg over 4 years and was still 25kg overweight but from all the stress and anxiety i binge eat and u gained 15kg back last year, im really hoping to lose it again and then some. Im only 28 years old and i have so much to live for.
  • bisto1971
    bisto1971 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here and am hoping this app will help me to keep a better food diary of what I'm eating and how I'm feeling. I struggle with emotional eating. I eat very healthy most times but if I get too bored at work or too stressed (anytime) I binge eat. Sometimes it's healthy food and sometimes it isn't. It impacts me mentally so I more so want to overcome this habit just to not feel so guilty! I would love to connect with others who can relate to these struggles so we can support each other!

Hi I do this too. It's mostly comfort eating I think but I just feel depressed afterwards. Vicious cycle.
  • meganxorenee
    meganxorenee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a huge emotional eater. Whether I be bored, stressed, hell even if I am happy I find an excuse to eat. I am looking for people to relate to as well. Feel free to add me!
  • dcoitino77
    dcoitino77 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater too. It's def a struggle but we just need to redirect our negative energy towards fitness and better choices .
  • langel89
    langel89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the same problems. Eat when happy, eat when sad, eat just to eat. I'm realizing that I have a binge eating disorder and have been working through that everyday. It's tough. Feel free to add me too. Looking for more active friends on here
  • DALindamood
    DALindamood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is sooo me! I can eat and workout great for 1 to 3 weeks, then I binge eat for a week or 2! It's like an addictive craving of sugar and junk food, all to relieve boredum, stress, and bad moods. Or then a holiday comes, and it's my excuse to eat happy! I look at my fitness pal records and see I start, and then I drop off. Which is frustrating because I know how well MFP works!
    I can definitely relate, and could sooo use the accountability from others. Especially those who know where I'm coming from and can identify when I need a good push! ☺ Thanks!
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This is a group for me! I have been doing this forever. I have done very good until the last 2 days.
    In the past I would just give up and continue but so far today I am staying on track with my goals.
  • AmandaIsherwood2
    AmandaIsherwood2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is the group for me, I really struggle with emotionally eating. I can stick to my healthy eating for weeks then something will happen and before I know it I'm eating whatever I can get my hands on, but then feel so guilty. This is the weekend my children go stay with their dad so I find I don't seem to eat, I try, I always make sure I cook a good meal but I just am not hungry. I'm never gonna lose weight if I cant even eat a decent meal , or I get stressed and eat junk.