need good recipes

Options
lilykatebug
lilykatebug Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2016 in Recipes
I wake up at 5 am every morning except weekends and need easy breakfastests, that are healthy, and fast. Also any other good lunch's that I can put in a bag and have for the rest of the day. Healthy snacks that are not to hard to make are also good. Thanks! (Also I am trying to avoid most meats!)

Replies

• emilyhaines89
    emilyhaines89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Interested in this post! Struggling myself! I cook a few days worth of Spelt brown pasta and have with tuna and mayo sweetcorn most days but getting sooo bored of it!
  • Rick_Nelson81
    Rick_Nelson81 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are a great way to get good nutrients quickly (being able to drink them in the car on the way to work makes them super-convenient). They're hard to mess up, it comes down to preference. Here's a good base to start out with (I assume you have a blender and a travel mug):
    A handful of greens (Kale or spinach would be best, but romaine or whatever else is okay too)
    A handful of baby carrots (added cinnamon makes this addition awesome!)
    A handful of berries (doesn't really matter what kind, mix 'em up!)
    A little lemon juice and One of the following: a banana, an apple, a pear, an avocado, etc.
    2-3 tbs. of nuts and/or seeds (walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, whatever you're not allergic to).
    Fill the container to the fill mark (or just below the top of the solids, you can always add more) with liquid, this can be water, green tea, or my personal favorite, V8 fusion-light (they got strawberry-banana flavor and a few others).
    For a smaller blender, if this is too much volume, adjust accordingly keeping as much veggies as possible.
    Smoothies can make a great snack too, just sip on it from time to time and you'll be surprised how filling they can be, especially if you add things like raw oats (careful, it's a thickener), greek yogurt, etc. Don't be scared of the greens, with the fruit and what not, you won't even know it's there (it might look brown and gross, but it will taste amazing!)

This might be right up your alley since you mentioned you're trying to stay away from meats, cause a serving of nuts usually falls into the meat category, depending on which nutrition guide you prefer. Hope that helps.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Protein shake for breakfast or toast w peanut butter and a bananna.

For a snack;
    Boiled eggs are always good.
    Nuts.
    Broccoli slaw from trader joes is nice for lunch because it doesn't get soggy with dressing.
    Baby carrots w laughing cow cheese.
    String cheese.
    Apple w peanut butter.