Special K diet??? Help

Options
I was thinking about starting the Special K diet.

Eating cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and also eating the snack bars for snacks?

Has anybody tried this??

I know if i try it, it will save me $$ and i won't have to go out and buy food for lunch! And its healthy isnt it???

Its the middle of the month already in the new year! And i still need help with my diet!! I keep yoyo-ing it:sad:

Any Advice?
Appreciate it!

Mary Lou:flowerforyou:

Replies

• getsexymarylou
    getsexymarylou Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about starting the Special K diet.

Eating cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and also eating the snack bars for snacks?

Has anybody tried this??

I know if i try it, it will save me $$ and i won't have to go out and buy food for lunch! And its healthy isnt it???

Its the middle of the month already in the new year! And i still need help with my diet!! I keep yoyo-ing it:sad:

Any Advice?
    Appreciate it!

Mary Lou:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I don't know of anyone on MFP who supports the Special K diet. I certainly don't; I think it's a waste of money on nutritionally devoid foods high in sugar and highly processed. Do a search on MFP for it and you'll see many people have posted about it.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge supporter of "plans" that limit the types of foods you can eat.
    Will you lose weight if you do it.... sure... BUT you're losing the same if you ate "normal" food and just watched your calorie intake. It works cause you are eating less food in general. It's not healthy cause....well.... you are eating CEREAL 3x's a DAY!

By eating THEIR cereal and THEIR "approved" snacks is not only a marketing gimick but it's nutritionally unsound.
  • getsexymarylou
    getsexymarylou Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Woopsy! I didnt know there was soo much info already! I searched for it and saw many comments about it! I didn't even know i could search on here. LOL dummy me! I haven't logged on here in a long while!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Woopsy! I didnt know there was soo much info already! I searched for it and saw many comments about it! I didn't even know i could search on here. LOL dummy me! I haven't logged on here in a long while!!!

That's okay:flowerforyou: As you'll probably see, no one really has anything good to say about it. I ate the cereal for a month when I wasn't allowed to have fiber, and it tasted okay, but it was pretty much rice and corn syrup. Their bars are teeny tiny and expensive!! I promise, you wouldn't be saving money by having to buy all their products.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I don't know of anyone on MFP who supports the Special K diet. I certainly don't; I think it's a waste of money on nutritionally devoid foods high in sugar and highly processed. Do a search on MFP for it and you'll see many people have posted about it.

Tell us how you really feel SBS. :wink: :laugh:

She is absolutely right. Yes, it probably is convenient and easy (even cheap) but it isn't good for you and won't make you 'healthy.' Take a look at some of the meal threads and you can get an idea of some things that are delicious (much better than cereal), fast and nutritionally rich! :flowerforyou:
  • JolandaW
    JolandaW Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I actually just started this diet today, although I don't really view it as a diet but simply a healthy way of eating. I absolutely adore Special K cereal and haven't had any problems eating this for both my breakfast and lunch. It seems a lot of people have issues with this diet and say it's not sufficient enough but I think it's fine. I've had a healthy balanced meal for dinner tonight so I don't see any issues. You eat ceral twice a day by the way, not three times. You can choose yourself for which meal you want it, i've chosen breakfast and lunch simply cause it's easy for me while at work.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I thought the special K diet was special k cereal at breakfast and a snack bar during the day. I didn't know you had to eat that ALL day. Very unhealthy, very very VERY unhealthy. and BORING. who could live on just one thing?
  • laurajane81
    Options
    Hi last year i try'd the sk diet i did lose but after the 3rd week it was boring plus there only recomment u do it for 2 wks as a kick start diet oh and when i give up i put ght bk on and more...Sooo no i wouldnt recomment it xx hope this is helpful x