5'8" Women weight goal?

Options

Replies

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'81/2'' and I think it just depends on where your journey starts. I was 160 with a BMI MUCH higher than it should have been. I worked out and logged everything and got down to 135 right before my wedding, and my BMI was closer to 19% which is very healthy. I maintained at about 140 for a while before getting pregnant and I hope to get down to that weight once the baby is here. I don't think 140 is too small, it all depends on your goals, where you start and what you want for yourself.

I'm 5' 9" and also looked good at 140. I got a lot of compliments on my figure at that weight. It was just really hard to maintain. 145 is about as low as I can go and maintain (with lots of effort).

• LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I am five eight and I am at 129 and I still feel as though I could and would like to go lower but it takes a lot of work to get there and even more damn work to maintain it (which may be proof that it isn't realistic for me). As everyone else has said (and I wish I could walk the talk on this one) the scale is just a number....
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    vohme74tmyp6.jpg

This is me at 175 pounds, I think 15 less would look perfect, get rid of the last bits of flab, according to BMI, I could lose 50 pounds and still be healthy. 50 pounds??! That's like a huge bag of dog food, where would it even come off? Goes to show I guess, how different it is for everyone!

I don't know where you hide your 175lbs, but you look amazing! There is no way I would look like that at that weight, you look slimmer than I do now at 152. You must be all muscle. When I was at my heaviest at 168, I looked really podgy! You have nothing to worry about, this just proves how different we all are shape wise.
  • cglouie
    cglouie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", started 8 months ago at 195 and now at 151. My original goal weight was 150 and now that I'm essentially there, it's not enough because I still have belly fat I want to get rid of. I'm thinking it'll be at least 140, maybe 135 before I get rid of my spare tire but we'll see. If anyone told me at the beginning that I wouldn't be satisfied at 150, I would have thought they were crazy. When setting my goal of 150, I researched photos of other 5'8" 150 ladies and I was happy with how they looked. What I've discovered is how different every body is and how my 150 is different than someone else's 150.
  • nicolemarie999
    nicolemarie999 Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    People can look very different given the same weight and height. Different frames and body composition.
    I'm 5'9" and I have weighed as little as 118 lbs ( I wasn't trying to be that thin) and I defiantly looked too skinny at that weight and got constant comments from people suggesting I had anorexia ( I did not). I do have a thin frame and little muscle despite strength training, so I'm comfortable around 126-130 lbs. I have friends around the same height and they look great at higher weights.
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Also 5'8.5", and my goal is 150 lbs. I might readjust that goal the closer I get to it, though.
  • Mirabelle_Out
    Mirabelle_Out Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Danimri84 wrote: »
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 150-160. I got down to 177 two years ago and I was very confident that losing just 20 more would have been perfect for me. Sadly I gained a lot of weight back, but I am slowly losing again. I'd say for me, 150 would be the lowest I could aim for.

I'm right there with you. My lowest was 180. I was okay with that weight sadly I've got close to 60 pounds to get back to that point :-(. But I'm working on it again

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    My goal is 138-140. I'm at 150 now and have a bit around the middle to get rid of. I've been as low as 130, but I'm aiming for strong not skinny this time around.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 165 and I'm 5'8. According to the UK National Health Service (NHS) , 165 is overweight for me. Healthy is 121 lbs to 164lbs. There is a calculator on their site. I was 120lbs 3 years ago and I was not skinny. I was alright (I'm pear shaped). This is where I want to go back to. (Also I need to lose for health reasons).
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Well, I am a half inch shorter than you girls, 5'7.5"! but, my goal is 180 right now, probably 170 when I get there. I was 168 a few years back and I was in a size 8, which I liked. I also worked out a lot with weights then, which I am not back to yet. I like a body with shape. Some of the tall girls I have seen weighing in at 120-140 look way too skinny and unhealthy to me. There's nothing wrong with it for them, but it's not my preference. Your legs look fantastic, feminine, toned and shapely. Perfect. You look great.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'8" (5'7.3") my goal is 130 BUT I have a small frame and not much muscle. I know a lot of women 5'7"-5'8" who look fantastic at 140-160.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    And OP, you look amazing at that weight. I'd be very happy!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm dead on 5"8 and my goal weight is 143lbs
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" my SW was 254 and I'm maintaining in the 140-143 range.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    145-150 is my goal.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    5'8", initial goal is 154lbs, then reassess and go down to 145lbs if I feel it's necessary.
  • MrsLMKing
    MrsLMKing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8". For years, I weighed 180lbs, which is overweight according to BMI, but I was so healthy and in excellent shape, and I think I looked pretty good. I did have a little bit of a belly and a little extra fat here and there, but people were shocked when they found out what I weighed.

I'm 230 now and am on this weight loss journey. My initial goal is to get below 200, then to get back to 180, where I was before. I do eventually want to get to 160 or 165. I don't think I need to go any lower than that.
  • bonsmom
    bonsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have gotten down to 135lbs. I'd like to lose 5 more to get tummy flat but pretty happy where I am at 135. I do both cardio and lift weights.
  • Aellio290
    Aellio290 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    YAY for all these 5'8" ladies!
    I'm 5'8" and I've been everywhere from 115-202. At 115 I was horribly sick. I don't think someone 5'8" could be a healthy 115 unless they were basically 0% body fat. :/

I am aiming for the 150 area, currently 179-180ish

I'm new to this app, so hello everyone!!

• khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and ~180 right now. My short-term goal is 165 (so I won't be technically overweight anymore), and my long-term goal is 140. I was 120 until I was about 25, and always felt a bit frail and underweight. Gradually put on weight until I reached 140, and I felt really good and strong at that weight. That's what I really want to get back to feeling. For me, strength training really helped me have the kind of body I felt comfortable with.

OP you look really strong. I can imagine if you lost a little more weight slowly you would just look really ripped!