Losing weight without exercise

Options
So I was just wondering if people see results from just from calorie counting and staying under the limit with no exercise?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from being in a deficit and exercise is for health and for looking good nekkie
  • Rick_Nelson81
    Rick_Nelson81 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've tried to do that and it's a lot easier with cardio and weight lifting to increase metabolism.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I do not exercise. All of my loss is from calorie deficit. I do plan on starting SL 5x5 fairly soon & I know that I should add some cardio as well, but that is all strictly for health benefits. Since I know that I do not enjoy exercise, I do not ever include it in my calorie allowance. I know that my exercise is not consistent & if I start eating like it is, I run the risk of overeating when I stop exercising. Personally, it works better for me to have a base # of calories to eat & keep exercise separate from that entirely.
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 pounds (the only exercise I had was walking to work and back) ... it took less then 3 months/about 3 months. I drunk more fluids then actual eating (low-fat chocolate milk almost every morning with breakfast then water, pop, tea, cappuccinos during the day) . I ate twice a day, breakfast and dinner. breakfast was something snack size/serving size (1 thing) and dinner was whatever I felt like eating but only a serving or 2 of 1 thing.

dinner was always some type of protein.

(I remember eating fully loaded hotdogs, chicken and even eggrolls)

I went from 260 to 215.

(im currently pregnant until tomorrow, so I did gain some of the weight back.)
  • kcraig6207
    kcraig6207 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm down 53 pounds in about 7 months by calorie counting alone! This week I started adding in exercise so I can eat more calories because my goal has been lowered to 1200 - oh and because of the added health benefits :smile:
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    I know that my exercise is not consistent & if I start eating like it is, I run the risk of overeating when I stop exercising.

High five. I want to make sure I understand how (much) to eat before I add regular exercise into the mix. The whole reason I became overweight was that I kept eating like I did in my very active late teens and early twenties. When I do get some exercise or or unusually high activity I do eat some of the calories back. But I'm not exercising to create my deficit. I'm 45 pounds down and will start lifting weights in a few weeks. ( I've had joint/tendon injury recovering all winter.)
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The fatter you are, the easier it is to lose without exercise. I started at 152 lbs and have lost 34 lbs mostly from exercising. I didn't want to eat less so I simply exercised more. It would have taken much longer to lose without exercise.