High calorie healthy options

Options
I am having a hard time eating all my calories. Besides avocados and nuts what other high calorie foods do you use to reach your goal?

I burned over 800 calories today and as of now I still need to eat 1300 calories. UGH!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Anything you like? Rice, beans, pasta, potatoes, roasted vegetables in olive oil, cookies, ice cream, granola, steak?
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love them all but the truth is Im not even hungry...lol
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Being way under your calories for one day is not going to hurt if you just can't eat anymore. Your appetite should catch up with you soon...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Well maybe you'll be hungry tomorrow. Have a little snack now and an extra couple hundred tomorrow.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds, tempeh, olives, bowl of oatmeal with maple syrup, green juices
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter or chocolate!

Olive oil or butter!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    marnieinMB wrote: »
    I am having a hard time eating all my calories. Besides avocados and nuts what other high calorie foods do you use to reach your goal?

I burned over 800 calories today and as of now I still need to eat 1300 calories. UGH!

@marnieinMB since about 80% of my daily calories come from fat sources so besides nuts I eat a coconut oil, coconut flakes, almonds, Heavy Whipping Cream which is just 36% butter fat for those outside of the USA, eggs cooked in butter, bacon, sausage most days. Real butter is another source but not a big one in my case but Philadelphia Cream Cheese is a major source of calories in my way of eating.

The nice thing these do not need buffering with other foods so I can just wolf them down anytime.

I have been eating this way for 18 months and it took me six months plus to come up with these. I just recently came up with tuna packed in olive oil for a high fat protein but my diet is not high protein so it is not a daily food for me.

Tonight I had a cup of green tea containing 360 fat calories from coconut oil and 200 from heavy whipping cream plus 200 from unsweetened coconut flakes on the side so that was nearly an extra 800 calories this evening.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

@marnieinMB since about 80% of my daily calories come from fat sources so besides nuts I eat a coconut oil, coconut flakes, almonds, Heavy Whipping Cream which is just 36% butter fat for those outside of the USA, eggs cooked in butter, bacon, sausage most days. Real butter is another source but not a big one in my case but Philadelphia Cream Cheese is a major source of calories in my way of eating.

The nice thing these do not need buffering with other foods so I can just wolf them down anytime.

I have been eating this way for 18 months and it took me six months plus to come up with these. I just recently came up with tuna packed in olive oil for a high fat protein but my diet is not high protein so it is not a daily food for me.

Tonight I had a cup of green tea containing 360 fat calories from coconut oil and 200 from heavy whipping cream plus 200 from unsweetened coconut flakes on the side so that was nearly an extra 800 calories this evening.

@GaleHawkins Is eating that much fat really healthy?
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

@queenliz99 that is the $64,000 question that I have. The answer at this time is YES based on 18 months of this Way Of Eating.

I have moved from having 600 calories from coconut oil each morning to have 300 calories from coconut oil every morning and evening as of two days ago. Ketones are produced without being in a state of nutritional ketosis from coconut oil/MCT oil by the liver. Most days I am in a state of nutritional ketosis so that is another source of ketone bodies for cellular energy instead of just glucose.

Research on long term macro of 5% carbs, 15% protein and 80% fat may be out there but I have yet to find them. Per my subjective feelings and objective lab reports since being on this macro indicate major near term health improvements.

The major reduction in joint and muscle pain within 30 days of cutting out sugar and all grains cold turkey and still continues 18 months later would indicate my macro lowered and keeps my total body inflammation level low. The 40 years of IBS seeming cured for the prior 12 months would seem to indicate a major improvement of gut health to all. Being able to open my mouth an 1/2 inch wider since starting LCHF of <50 grams of carbs daily makes the dentist happy. Being able to get in and out of cars, etc unaided indicates to me my high fat diet is positive at least near term.

Being Rx med free vs taking Enbrel injections greatly lowers my risk of disease from many causes since I not only have my immunity system in tact but it is now much enhanced based on staying well most of the time now.

I have found no research that gives me pause about my current macro but some that indicates a lower risk of CVD, diabetes, cancer, MS, Alzheimer's, etc. The ability to now walk and be more active with good pain control without the dangers of Medical Rx's being required is a health plus in my view. I was very fearful of starting Enbrel injections and my wife who is a practicing pharmacist was very stressed over me even considering Enbrel injections.
  • queenliz99
    Options

@queenliz99 that is the $64,000 question that I have. The answer at this time is YES based on 18 months of this Way Of Eating.

I have moved from having 600 calories from coconut oil each morning to have 300 calories from coconut oil every morning and evening as of two days ago. Ketones are produced without being in a state of nutritional ketosis from coconut oil/MCT oil by the liver. Most days I am in a state of nutritional ketosis so that is another source of ketone bodies for cellular energy instead of just glucose.

Research on long term macro of 5% carbs, 15% protein and 80% fat may be out there but I have yet to find them. Per my subjective feelings and objective lab reports since being on this macro indicate major near term health improvements.

The major reduction in joint and muscle pain within 30 days of cutting out sugar and all grains cold turkey and still continues 18 months later would indicate my macro lowered and keeps my total body inflammation level low. The 40 years of IBS seeming cured for the prior 12 months would seem to indicate a major improvement of gut health to all. Being able to open my mouth an 1/2 inch wider since starting LCHF of <50 grams of carbs daily makes the dentist happy. Being able to get in and out of cars, etc unaided indicates to me my high fat diet is positive at least near term.

Being Rx med free vs taking Enbrel injections greatly lowers my risk of disease from many causes since I not only have my immunity system in tact but it is now much enhanced based on staying well most of the time now.

I have found no research that gives me pause about my current macro but some that indicates a lower risk of CVD, diabetes, cancer, MS, Alzheimer's, etc. The ability to now walk and be more active with good pain control without the dangers of Medical Rx's being required is a health plus in my view. I was very fearful of starting Enbrel injections and my wife who is a practicing pharmacist was very stressed over me even considering Enbrel injections.

@GaleHawkins

80% fats which means you are eating 222 grams of fat if your intake is 2000 calories and 266 grams of fat if your intake is 3000 calories. That is an uber amount of fat. What are your sources of fat?
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    They are listed in this thread above. It is a lot of fats but thankfully fats do not seem to carry health risks like carbs but some consider me a special snowflake.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    They are listed in this thread above. It is a lot of fats but thankfully fats do not seem to carry health risks like carbs but some consider me a special snowflake.

@GaleHawkins I see nothing above. Why so coy?
  • GaleHawkins
    Options

@GaleHawkins I see nothing above. Why so coy?

Sorry I thought you were reading my posts. I was on my smart phone and do not know how to copy and paste on it.

See post March 19, 2016 10:55PM above.

"@marnieinMB since about 80% of my daily calories come from fat sources so besides nuts I eat a coconut oil, coconut flakes, almonds, Heavy Whipping Cream which is just 36% butter fat for those outside of the USA, eggs cooked in butter, bacon, sausage most days. Real butter is another source but not a big one in my case but Philadelphia Cream Cheese is a major source of calories in my way of eating."