I have no motivation.

Options
jellybean629
jellybean629 Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
I really need a jump start. I have no motivation. I sit at a desk all day, come home and then sit on the couch. I just have no motivation to move. I know what I need to do and I tell myself, I want to do it but I just don't. I eat healthy for the most part. Weekends kill me. How do I get out of this funk and get moving again?

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Start small with just 5 minutes of movement - either a walk or going up and down stairs or playing a Just Dance game. Once you change into workout clothes, many times you will just keep moving longer.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Find something you like to do. Join a rock climbing gym or hiking club. Fitness is not supposed to be drudgery.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Do you belong to a Gym? If so, look at the schedule, see if there are any classes that you can go to right after work. Don't go home first...straight to the Gym! If not, as soon as you get home go for a walk! Don't stop just change your clothes and go. Find a playlist that will keep you going! For me music is a big motivator!! Once you get moving you won't want to stop!!!! You got this!!!!!
  • Paandubsz
    Paandubsz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • jellybean629
    edited March 2016
    Options
    To stay in the zone that I think I finally got. Been working out for the past week and a half. To drop the 80lbs I put on and to just get healthy. I've done it b4 so I know I can. I think I was just in a funk and just need ppl to keep me motivated. My husband works at a gym so of course it's free but no I don't go. I love to have company but no one to go with. And no my husband doesn't help at all. So I'm on my own to get this figured out. I just need to keep moving. Thank you all for your suggestions and help. It means a lot.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Find something you like to do. Join a rock climbing gym or hiking club. Fitness is not supposed to be drudgery.

I second this. An active hobby can do wonders for your mood! Try anything and everything
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Yep. Take up something active, preferably that is done in a group. Dancing lessons, riding lessons, find a local adult sport team like volleyball or soccer, take up a martial art which is what I did. Make it something that is fun for you and is done with people who will become friends. Even when you are tired you will look forward to getting back up and going.
  • jellybean629
    Options
    ☺ thank you
  • kiddiebqueen17
    kiddiebqueen17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation too. Hopefully another week or two and warm weather will inspire me
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    For the weekends, planning my meals and pre logging them really help me, then I can play around with the numbers and always make changes if they come up... Having a plan of what I will eat helps me stay on track so I'm not just mindlessly eating anything when in hungry.

Walking is great exercise too.