polar ft 7

Options
I finally got my Polar FT7. I'm so excited! I can't wait to try it out today!!

Replies

• jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Love mine!!
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm buying mine on Amazon... in the next 5 minutes. It blows my mind to see price varying based off of color! wtf?!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Exciting!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You're going to love it! I know that I love mine!
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 (got it last week) and I LOVE IT!!!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love mine for out of water exercise! Just don't try to use it in the water. It doesn't work...
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I get mine in 2 days!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm buying mine on Amazon... in the next 5 minutes. It blows my mind to see price varying based off of color! wtf?!

The red and silver and gold and silver are for women, the black and silver and black and red are for men. They have the red and silver at academy.com for $88
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I love mine
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I love mine for out of water exercise! Just don't try to use it in the water. It doesn't work...

I have the Polar FT7 and I LOVE it! I use it in the water (indoor and outdoor pools - transmitter and watch together) quite often and have no problems with it :happy:

Just one more tip - I would follow the manufacturer's recommendation and wash the strap (without the transmitter) every 5 workouts or so. I get really funky readings if I don't wash mine at least once every 2 weeks. You will love this HRM!!!
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    I sooooooo want one!!!
  • CommandaPanda
    Options

The red and silver and gold and silver are for women, the black and silver and black and red are for men. They have the red and silver at academy.com for $88
    On Amazon I can get the black and silver for $77.49 with free 2-day shipping.
    I'm thinking about getting a scale too.. but my roommates already have one but I don't know how much I trust it. I also have the body fat tester kit in my basket too. I don't know if there's anything else that I should buy since I'm already at the point of spending
  • triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    ok, at the risk of sounding like an idiot. what exactly is a HRM gonna help with?
  • CommandaPanda
    Options
    ok, at the risk of sounding like an idiot. what exactly is a HRM gonna help with?
    Lol you don't sound like an idiot.
    HRM's also monitor calories burned. On top of that HRM's (obviously) monitor your heart rate. What is the benefit of monitoring your heart rate, you ask? ... well, this article can summarize it better than I can dare to imagine: http://www.ellipticaltrainers.com/info/heart_monitor.htm
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Lol you don't sound like an idiot.
    HRM's also monitor calories burned. On top of that HRM's (obviously) monitor your heart rate. What is the benefit of monitoring your heart rate, you ask? ... well, this article can summarize it better than I can dare to imagine: http://www.ellipticaltrainers.com/info/heart_monitor.htm
    Yeah....what he said!
    I love my Polar FT 4 HRM....I KNOW the cals I log are absolutely accurate!
  • triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    TY!! :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    HOORAY! You will love it!
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have the Ft 4 and it helped me drop another 10 lbs a few months ago, I was using the machines for my calories burned and turns out, they were way too high.
  • hgmoore44
    hgmoore44 Posts: 43
    Options

Ikr. I think tht its ridiculous.
  • hgmoore44
    hgmoore44 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have the Ft 4 and it helped me drop another 10 lbs a few months ago, I was using the machines for my calories burned and turns out, they were way too high.

Today was my first day using it and mfp gave me wayyyy to many calories. I think my weight loss will go a lot smoother now!