How old were you when you first drank alcohol?

Options
hamlet1222
hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
I was 5 or 6, I recall my dad letting me have sips of his whiskey/wine/beer.

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    2016_03_19_16_42_10.jpg

:wink:
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    elbywsjpmf1f.jpg
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I had my first sip around 6-8. I started drinking my sophomore year of high school I think.
  • Sirius66TheBeat
    Sirius66TheBeat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    21st bday. Got wasted on Zima. Lol. Couldn't look at Sprite for a couple weeks.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    when i was born my father baptized me in jack daniels.
  • angiep153
    angiep153 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
  • momo_t90
    momo_t90 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    22. I grew up in a family that shunned alcohol, so it took a while for me to feel comfortable enough to drink. I actually felt guilty for a while because I was having to hide it behind my parents' backs. But I'm over it now.
  • m27un
    m27un Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    I was 5 or 6, I recall my dad letting me have sips of his whiskey/wine/beer.

I tasted beer at like 15 then started drinking when I was 17 lol. Drinking is the devil!
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    16 tasted like *kitten*

Weird how I love it now right?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    18 bartles and james berry wine coolers my best buddy and his sister convinced me it was fizzy kool aid as their family was very baptist I believed them. His mom nearly killed him when she came in to us all passed out in her living room. LOL She still tells the story too. :D
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I remember my parents letting me have a sip of wine when I was very young. I can't remember specific age, but it gave me an aversion to the stuff for life. :s

I've never been a big drinker. I don't even think I've ever gotten drunk, lol.
  • Cblsplcr
    Cblsplcr Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    15 and dont drink it now
  • Cblsplcr
    Cblsplcr Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Pie eyes that is a cool profile pic
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Cblsplcr wrote: »
    Pie eyes that is a cool profile pic

Oh thank you :):heart:
  • Goldhartbeat
    Goldhartbeat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and not yet. I've seen what alcohol can do and I don't like the smell of it so I stay away from it, haha!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    To catch a buzz? Probably 14 or 15.

I'm sure I had sips as a child.
  • ChayB
    ChayB Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a pub and my dummy would be dipped in rum to help me sleep and teeth so somewhere between 0 and 1 for me :smiley:
    I liked a nip of cider or wine with dinner growing up but I've never been a big drinker and never drink without a meal or socially...
  • risktaker911
    risktaker911 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My dad would give me sips of red wine when I was 8-9. When I was 14 I was at a family party and the adults were in the back yard drinking whisky and beer. After they went inside to eat, my cousin and I went out and had some before they came back. We had no idea about portions and thought you just drink a glass of whisky like you would any other soda/juice.

We went on to nap shortly after.