Meals a day

Options
ginamcy
ginamcy Posts: 74 Member
How many meals a day should we have is it breakfast snack lunch dinner then dessert what do you think about eating salmon at dinner time served with rice
What are the things we should avoid eating

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    As many as you like.

Any food is fine at any time as long as you adhere to your calorie and macronutritional goals.

Allergies and medical concerns aside there is nothing you need to avoid. Some people chose not to consume certain things due to adherence concerns.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You can have one, you can have ten. You can eat anything you'd like. The only thing that matters for weight loss is that you're eating less than you burn.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    As long as you get your calories it doesn't matter. I prefer 3 good meals plus 2 snacks
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    just find whatever works for you. For instance if I don't have an afternoon snack, I tend to overeat at dinner but that's just me. Some people can even only eat twice a day (no breakfast), some need morning and afternoon and evening snacks. It doesn't matter, just respect your cal goals.
  • ginamcy
    Options
    :) i can work with that well i guess i need the breakfast gets me going through the day and stops my hunger
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat 6-7 small meals a day. Do whatever works for you, There is no right or wrong when it comes to how many times a day you should eat.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best for you and fits your calorie goal.
    I eat a small breakfast, medium lunch, larger dinner and 1-2 snacks in the afternoon and evening. I eat all kinds of foods but do try to meet my protein goal.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 meals and a snack. I almost always skip breakfast, large lunch, small-medium dinner and a nighttime snack. I find that's what works best with my schedule and sleeping habits. There is no one size fits all eating schedule.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I typically eat breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and very occasionally do I have an evening snack! I think whatever works for you, just try not to get really hungry you may end up over eating!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat one meal, sometimes I eat three. I never snack. It's whatever you find that works for you!
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    3 meals and 2 snacks. From 100 to 400 calories each.
  • ginamcy
    Options
    I typically eat breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and very occasionally do I have an evening snack! I think whatever works for you, just try not to get really hungry you may end up over eating!

This works for me eating once a day just leads to eating junk again