I Need Protein Shakes/Powder Advice.

tlerias
tlerias Posts: 17 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I do not know much about protein shakes or protein powders. I was wondering if they would help me achieve flat abs/get rid of belly fat, but at the same time i'm not trying to lose a lot of weight. I'm a 20 year old female, i'm 5'1, and I weigh 109 pounds. I do cardio and strength train 3 days a week, and I do yoga 3 days a week. Would protein shakes/powders help me in the department, or should I just stick to my workout routine? Also, what kind of protein supplements would you recommend? Thanks so much! All input is appreciated. Also, feel free to add me as a friend, i'm fairly new to MFP.

Replies

• Try Protizyme Protein Shakes. They have 23 grams of protein and taste great and they work well with a 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat diet. Good job on your exercise routine! I do circuit training 4 times a week and yoga 3 times a week and love it.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    The protein shake itself is going to give you flat abs, a very clean, high protein diet will give you flat abs. But essentially, yeah. I use Clif Builder bars. 20g of whey & soy protein, 270 calories and delicious flavors.
  • ChristyVerness
    ChristyVerness Posts: 6 Member
    Sounds like you're doing awesome! Keep it up! So important that you're including strength training, too! Muscle helps to keep your metabolism high! I think a protein shake is a good idea! My hubby & I drink a meal replacement shake every morning: protein, 50% daily calcium, vitamins, probiotics, iron, etc all rolled into one delicious glass of goodness! Let me know if you want specific suggestions!

Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.