I'm looking for vegetarian or vegan people :)

Options
Hi,
I'd like to find people who is interested about vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, to share tips, experiences, advice, etc
What I'm doing is not a diet, is a healthy lifestyle.
Hope to find nice people to help each other! :)

Replies

• amandachrch
    amandachrch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've eaten mostly vegan for a little over a year now. I love it but I've found myself slipping and eating a lot of junk/processed foods. I've always had success with this app so I'm back on trying to loose 15 lbs or so
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Your best bet to find friendly, helpful veg or vegan people is probably going to be the groups.

You might try these two to start with, but using the search function will turn up many.. .you just have to be sure they are active.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/46-team-vegan
  • karthaliv
    karthaliv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've eaten mostly vegan for a little over a year now. I love it but I've found myself slipping and eating a lot of junk/processed foods. I've always had success with this app so I'm back on trying to loose 15 lbs or so

I'm not vegan at the moment, but I try to consume vegan things and food :)
    Good luck with your goal! If I need any advice I'll let you know :smiley:
  • lojoxoxo
    lojoxoxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan
  • MessyArts
    MessyArts Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey, vegan here. B)
  • FeliciadelaAwesome
    FeliciadelaAwesome Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan, but I use a lot of certified vegan products for my health and wellness. :-)
  • karebare180
    karebare180 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm full fledged vegan for over a year now, this vegan lifestyle has changed my life in so many ways not just food.
  • Kitoko_lona
    Kitoko_lona Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian most of my life. Went through a meat eating phase and am now VEGAN over a year. However I consumed to much processed junk vegan food I gained a lot of weight. Would like to be friends with anyone else vegan and looking to lose. Also getting into fitness, and could use Fitbit friends who use both apps also would be great. Definitely in need of an accountability partner or two.
  • TricksterBreeze
    TricksterBreeze Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Though a great majority of my diet and life can be described as vegan, I am a vegetarian. :^) Somebody has to eat that cheap cheese.
  • 25brittany25
    25brittany25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here :) I'm new to it though, I've changed for two months and never looking back. I don't eat seafood either. I like dairy AND I'll ONLY eat eggs if it is mixed in breads or cakes .. I stay away from gelatin though also.. feel free to add me !
  • nmsqsoccer98
    nmsqsoccer98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 10 months now :) message me if you have any questions.
  • skinnyminny6987
    skinnyminny6987 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My vegetarian diet leans towards carbatarian. Need to loose the added carb weight so back on fitness pal. Hoping accountability leads to results. Would appreciate some vegetatian/vegan support and menu ideas!
  • Ker917
    Ker917 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to eat more vegan, which is a huge lifestyle change for me. I read the Esselstyn book (still reading) in vegan/no fat diets for heart health. It's given me a lot of good ideas. Protein had been hard! I have a smoothie a day to get in more fruit and put protein powder in that to help. The rest is beans, protein from carb sources (brown rice, soba noodles, whole wheat pasta, etc). Last night I had chick peas for a snack. I'm trying very hard to stay away from processed stuff and reserve that for when I'm in social situations. I'm not vegan for ethical reasons, so I will have low fat fish and vegetables if I'm out too. Just trying to do the best I can every day.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Recently went vegan! So far I love it!!! I mostly did it for health reasons but the more i learn about the treatment of animals and the environmental factors etc. the more I realize I made the right choice.
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Vegan here!! Love the lifestyle - helped me lose 50+ lbs! Feel free to add. :)
  • running_with_weights
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been interested in eating less meat for a while, for ethical reasons, and recently started making small changes towards it - currently doing 80/20 for vegetarian/meat right now. Feel free to add me, would love to meet people eating veg and healthy!
  • karthaliv
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lojoxoxo wrote: »
    I'm a vegan
    @MessyArts

Cool :) so happy to learn of you guys. I'll add you xxx
  • karthaliv
    Options
    I'm not vegan, but I use a lot of certified vegan products for my health and wellness. :-)

I think it doesn't matter the reasons... At the end of the day you are helping animals to be happy! :) so thanks for that. It would be great if you can share you favourite vegan products so we can try them.
    I'll follow you :)
  • karthaliv
    Options
    I'm full fledged vegan for over a year now, this vegan lifestyle has changed my life in so many ways not just food.

That's what I'm trying to learn. Being vegan is something more than food. It's a nice lifestyle. If you can share your experienceor tips it'd be helpful for us xxx