Keeping Motivated

Options
I am the heaviest I have ever been and having a hard time keeping Motivated, and fighting depression because of my weight. I am my own bully.

Replies

• MattReeceCPT
    MattReeceCPT Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Been there... Got incredibly depressed on the daily. The hardest part is getting started. Let's goooooooooooo!
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    There's no magic formula to motivation, it's just something you have to keep working at until it works. If anything, the depression is your best source of motivation though. You want to be less depressed, so you lose some weight and things get better.
  • theresam2469
    theresam2469 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My first day. I have to get my mind set to start this and keep going.
  • theresam2469
    Options
    Thank you.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think the addiction groups might have things right: just take things one day at a time.

You may be your own bully, but you woke up today wanting to make a change in your life. Commit to yourself that you will just for this one day. 24 hours! Really only like 18, ya gotta sleep sometime right? And part of the day is already over, just make this commitment for those next 12 hours.

What do you need to do to achieve that goal?

Have you put your info into MFP to see what your caloric goals would be to lose 1lb/week?

What do you have around that could help keep you within those goals?

Can you go grocery shopping today?

You did a great step just by visiting MFP and joining today, good job!! It's so easy to log in, if you want to have a goal that lasts more than a day, let it be logging in :)
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat. heaviest ive ever been and its bc of my depression. I'm having a hard time to get and stay motivated after doing nothing for 3 years. I'm going to add you :) good luck, everyone!
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Pretty please come and join me. I am crap at staying motivated unless I am part of a group of people in same boat. When part of a group I feel like I am doing it for them too. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112934-over-300lb-daily-accountability-group
  • theresam2469
    Options
    I have entered all Mr info and have my goals. Food I have done the grocery shopping. I'm all set...just need to stick to it. Thank you

• theresam2469
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat. heaviest ive ever been and its bc of my depression. I'm having a hard time to get and stay motivated after doing nothing for 3 years. I'm going to add you :) good luck, everyone!

Ok thank you
  • theresam2469
    Options
    Pretty please come and join me. I am crap at staying motivated unless I am part of a group of people in same boat. When part of a group I feel like I am doing it for them too. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112934-over-300lb-daily-accountability-group

I just requested to join ty