Intermittent Fasting/One Meal a Day

Options
Be_Lively
Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
I haven't quite started this plan yet but I am going to tomorrow. I would like some friends who are doing this, preferably with an open diary so I can see what your one meal is like. If you want to be my friend because you're interested in seeing how this works for me, then shoot me a request!

I am also open to hearing feedback and experiences on the one meal a day plan on here. Please share!

Thanks!

Replies

• MattReeceCPT
    MattReeceCPT Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in finding out how this plan helps you. From all of my studies, it seems harmful. I'm not a doctor and I'm down for seeing your results!
  • Be_Lively
    Options
    I'm interested in finding out how this plan helps you. From all of my studies, it seems harmful. I'm not a doctor and I'm down for seeing your results!

I have read similar studies, but also have read studies that differ. I figured it is worth a shot because I skip breakfast almost everyday, and sometimes skip lunch because I am too busy at work. I might as well dedicate myself to it and see if it really works for me.
  • Be_Lively
    Options
    As of now, I don't really plan on doing the IF full blown methods of 500 cal for 2 days, then maintenance cal on remaining 5 days. I just want to do a modified version of one meal a day. I plan to make dinner my one meal a day. I will have 1-2 small snacks throughout the day if having hunger pains, something like an apple. I will still drink my morning coffee, maybe an afternoon cup if working throughout the evening.
  • kenia18ac
    kenia18ac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. That sounds like something I have done in the past and it has been very effective ..,only difference is I do low carb.
  • MattReeceCPT
    MattReeceCPT Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Very cool. I also saw the differing studies and theories. My cousin lives by IF. Keep me posted!
  • phat_azz415
    phat_azz415 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also skip breakfast and sometimes lunch cuz of busy work schedule. I minus well try this out too.
  • allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This seems like a recipe for disaster. I also do IF but i try to fit in 3 big meals during the day. Not the usual 4-6
  • Be_Lively
    Options
    This seems like a recipe for disaster. I also do IF but i try to fit in 3 big meals during the day. Not the usual 4-6

Well, I won't continue it if it doesn't work out for me. However, I don't see how trying it could be disastrous.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Be_Lively wrote: »
    As of now, I don't really plan on doing the IF full blown methods of 500 cal for 2 days, then maintenance cal on remaining 5 days. I just want to do a modified version of one meal a day. I plan to make dinner my one meal a day. I will have 1-2 small snacks throughout the day if having hunger pains, something like an apple. I will still drink my morning coffee, maybe an afternoon cup if working throughout the evening.

That's the 5:2 diet, IF (Lean Gains version, the most popular one) is eating whatever calories you require for your goals in a 6-8 hour window.
  • 2closer
    2closer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't quite started this plan yet but I am going to tomorrow. I would like some friends who are doing this, preferably with an open diary so I can see what your one meal is like. If you want to be my friend because you're interested in seeing how this works for me, then shoot me a request!

I am also open to hearing feedback and experiences on the one meal a day plan on here. Please share!

Thanks!

I did that. Didnt work. Your metabolism slows down & you overeat when you have the meal. Well, I did. You might have better results. Better to try small meals throughout the day. Good luck however.......
  • honeyhiker
    honeyhiker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm following this plan and eat in a 1 to 5 hour window only. I'd love to have a fitness pal friend doing the same : )
  • Be_Lively
    Options
    It is pretty opposite of the traditional 3 meals a day, or even the modern "eat less more often" lifestyle. But I figured why not have my calorie intake at the times that I want to eat most? More often than not, I force a breakfast because "it's the most important meal of the day". Then at dinner, I think about how I could've skipped breakfast and ate those extra calories at dinner time, or maybe for dessert.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love IF. I try to do 18/6 with 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm being my window. Although, if I'm hungry earlier in the day I will eat. No reason to suffer. If you're doing only 1200 calories a day, 2 bigger meals are sure more satisfying than 3 very small meals. I'm only guessing you get 1200 because mfp gives most of the women only 1200. I lost 33 pounds doing this and I felt great. I took a long break and ate at maintenance but I stuck to 18/6. I'm back to lose the last 8 pounds. Feel free to friend me if you want. Breakfast does not rev my metabolism, it only revs my appetite.
  • allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Well, I won't continue it if it doesn't work out for me. However, I don't see how trying it could be disastrous.

Sounds interesting. Just curious. Let me know how it worked out for you.
  • AdelSalah2015
    AdelSalah2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to intermittent fasting I'm doing 16hour fast then eat in an 8 hour window. I'm 5ft10" when I started doing it I was 95.5kg now down to 91.7kg I started on the 1st March I'm training 4 times a week a full body work out and ideally I want to get down to 75-80kg in search for the elusive six pack!
  • Chameleon80
    Chameleon80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Interested in seeing how you do,I've been thinking about doing it,but haven't decided if it will work for me.Feel free to add me if you want:)
  • mr_coach_e
    mr_coach_e Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Horrible idea
  • Be_Lively
    Options
    mr_coach_e wrote: »
    Horrible idea

Why do you say that?
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I do IF also. 16/8 usually eat two meals in an 8 hour window + training 45-60 min a day 6x week. Lost 37lbs in less than 12 weeks so far. For me, the hardest part was getting used to not eating in the evening/night. My 8 hour window is 8am-4pm, so I break my calories up into a big breakfast and lunch.

It doesn't work for everyone, but it works great for me. Good luck!
  • lfod308
    lfod308 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've considered IF after read many articles on mercola.com. Might try it sometime but 3 meals a day full of healthy fat with no junk food is working for me. I'm losing weight and feel great. I'm so satisfied that I have to make myself eat the minimum calories. Good luck.