How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• murlandpierre2016
    murlandpierre2016 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning as well. It's important to notice the fluctuations and trends which also helps me rely on other forms of measurement(loss of inches, lose fitting clothes, looking and feeling better ) or other nsv. Now I can pretty much expect a higher weight after certain meals, menstruation, or a heavy lifting day. Understanding my body has made a significant difference in my weightloss approach.

I'm trying to understand my body but it's stubborn lol.
    I did a before and after (after I lost 5 lbs) I didn't see any difference, unfortunately
  • Rick_Nelson81
    Rick_Nelson81 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, in the morning, before my shower, with the understanding that random fluctuations are expected (for me they are usually +/- 2 lbs.) and I use the restroom before weighing, but I only log when I lose weight. I also use calipers to estimate by BF% and I use these once per month on my belly only. I have a freckle that I use as a landmark. I've lost 20 lbs. since Jan 1 and my BF% has gone from 35% to 29% I think. I currently weight 230, so if I did my math and measuring right, that's 15 lbs of fat and 5 lbs of water-weight.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to maintain so I weigh almost every day to keep my head in the game and not get slack, since I don't log my food anymore. While losing, I weighed myself a couple of times weekly, which was sufficient as I was also focused by logging my calories.
  • murlandpierre2016
    murlandpierre2016 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, in the morning, before my shower, with the understanding that random fluctuations are expected (for me they are usually +/- 2 lbs.) and I use the restroom before weighing, but I only log when I lose weight. I also use calipers to estimate by BF% and I use these once per month on my belly only. I have a freckle that I use as a landmark. I've lost 20 lbs. since Jan 1 and my BF% has gone from 35% to 29% I think. I currently weight 230, so if I did my math and measuring right, that's 15 lbs of fat and 5 lbs of water-weight.

20lbs!!!!
    Amazing! Congrats.
    I have a long way to go.
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Every day, and I log it every day too. Keeps me honest and alerts me right away to any adjustments I need to make.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    once a week on sunday evenings.i would probably see a lower number on the scale if i did it in the morning ,but the way i do it..well it makes me feel better. Because it still shows i lost weight even after my daily meals and a full stomach.
  • Curvycurly223
    Curvycurly223 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I do daily as well. It definitely helps keep me motivated. Always in the morning , after bathroom, naked. I record it on Wednesdays and Sunday's. Wednesday because that's to the week when I started here again, Sunday because that's always been my official weigh in day in my head. Lol
  • James12315
    James12315 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Thursdays (don't log this) and Sundays (which I log on MFP).
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Feels good to know I'm not the only one doing daily weigh-ins. All my friends think I'm crazy for doing it because "you're not supposed to" . But as mentioned, knowing the daily trends helps considerably with my exercise planning as I do all my workouts at home on my own. I also log my measurements once a week or two because I'm in the middle of a challenge.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on Saturday mornings
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Every day before my shower....just part of the routine
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. The thing is, I use a phone app called Happy Scale, which will—if you choose to—track your weight as a moving average, to avoid discouragement that may come with natural weight fluctuation.

For example, this is my progress so far (notice the actual weight pins are both above and below the average line!):
    1Mo731X.png

Weighing every day or nearly every day keeps the average as accurate as possible. So today I weighed in at 182.6, but my moving average is 180.4, the lowest it's been so far, which means I am still on track. c:
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I also use Libra which gives me a trend line so I don't get stressed by the ups and downs of water weight and stomach contents.
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Seems like a lot of people here are benefitting from weight tracker apps with trend lines. c: It really does remove a lot of the stress!
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I will weigh throughout the week, but I keep in mind that my weight may fluctuate from day to day and will also vary depending on time of day because of what you eat and drink. I usually weigh in the morning after the bathroom and before I eat any breakfast. I also make sure I'm am wearing clothing and shoes that are always similar in weight. For my official weekly weigh in that I log, I do that usually on Monday morning.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. It is very helpful to see the patterns of my weight loss. I seem to always have a stretch of 5-6 days of no loss followed by a whoosh each month. If I didn't track and learn that this is how my body responds, I would be fretting during those 5 days. I often wonder how those who weigh once a week or once a month get a good picture of their weight loss. What if that 1 day you weigh in is a "water weight" day? :s
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm new to logging (again) and got rid of my scale. Last time I was logging, I got so obsessed with it that I weighed every day, multiple times and it only discouraged me. This time I made a few changes though. I took my measurements and joined a gym and decided I don't want to care what the scale says and I just want to measure on a monthly basis. However it would be nice to know a more accurate starting weight. :)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Some people on MFP weigh themselves every 2-3days.
    I do it every Tuesday but I think I might change it to every 2 days just to monitor my progress/failures.

How often do you weigh yourself? How does it help throughout your journey?

When I feel I'm gonna like the result LOL