Anyone gain and lose the same punds but lose inches?

Options
For the last two months I have gained and lost the same 4 pounds, yet I am losing inches in the last four weeks I have lost 2 inches off my waist. and the pants I bought are now very loose. Yet I gain and lose these four pounds. I have tried eating less, eating more, changing exercise, increasing cardio decreasint cardio, increasin protein and reducing carbs, cutting back sugar, no enriched flours, and I never use the salt shaker, and my blood work shows everything normal but low sodium levels. Any ideas how to end this cycle?

Replies

• Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bump... I would like to know as I'm in the same boat....
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    Hmm gaining muscles? I am assuming?
  • jell52
    jell52 Posts: 15
    Options
    If you are losing inches you are probably replacing fat with muscle. That's a good thing. :)
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I should add I do spin three days a week and interval training the other two days, and weights three days a week. But I have never eaten all my exercie calories. I am supposed to eat 1530 and I usually eat about 1600 to 1700 even though the dr wanted me to stay at 1500.
  • veganchris
    Options
    How old are you? I'm asking because that can make some difference in losing weight.
  • AmeliaElena
    AmeliaElena Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Women retain water during menstrual cycles, so it is natural to fluctuate 2-4 ponds within a month. Keep in mind that your body is 60-70% water, so fluctuations in your hydration level can cause this change.
  • jme_lee85
    jme_lee85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is happening to me also. I know I haven't gained enough muscle to account for the weight, yet I've been between 183 and 187 for the last month or so (since I started logging). I eat 1000-1200 calories a day and generally get an hour of cardio (brisk walking) daily. I've seen a slight change in the way my clothes fit, but the scale won't budge! Talk about furstrating!
  • yeya29
    yeya29 Posts: 16
    Options
    Muscle is more dense than fat, so you could be gaining muscle, which is a very good thing! ;)
  • spinaddict4life
    Options
    I am 35 and these pounds I will lose one week on my ww weigh in day and then two days later they show back up and stay for several weeks
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Im 34 and have been losing and gaining the same 3-4 pounds for the last month. I upped my calories they were at 1200, now they are 1530 and I have lost the 4 pounds and havent seemed to gain it back. I have been doing the 30 day shred and have lost a little over 5 pounds this month so far.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This is happening to me also. I know I haven't gained enough muscle to account for the weight, yet I've been between 183 and 187 for the last month or so (since I started logging). I eat 1000-1200 calories a day and generally get an hour of cardio (brisk walking) daily. I've seen a slight change in the way my clothes fit, but the scale won't budge! Talk about furstrating!

you're not eating enough. Need to have 1200 calories NET every day.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    same thing with me...up 2 down 2.....down 4 up 1...cant get past 4 lbs lost but I am starting to eat more and noticed I dont gain it back really.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have left to lose? I'm thinking I might be at this point as well and I'm very close to my goal weight. My clothes are getting bigger and yet I haven't lost anything in about 3 weeks.
  • spinaddict4life
    Options
    I have 59 pounds to goal lost 90