CARBS

Options
Today I ate about 250g of carbs which is waaaaay above my goal of 90g. However I did still have a small deficient overall for the day. Really hoping all the carbs doesn't mess up my weight loss. I have been eating bad this past week (high salt, high fat, high carb meals) and today really wasn't good. Feeling a little disappointed :/

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You are in deficit? Right? Then you are good. It's all about the deficit.
  • allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Today I ate about 250g of carbs which is waaaaay above my goal of 90g. However I did still have a small deficient overall for the day. Really hoping all the carbs doesn't mess up my weight loss. I have been eating bad this past week (high salt, high fat, high carb meals) and today really wasn't good. Feeling a little disappointed :/

You'll be fine. get back on it tomorrow. Kill it
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Do you weight train? You should have a good session tomorrow if so :)

Don't worry, you're in a deficit. You're fine. If you notice a spike on the scale, don't be worried. Between high sodium and high carb meals, it's likely you'll have some water retention. Though maybe not.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    90g of carbs is low carb. You also said you are trying to avoid high fat... That's a tough combination. If you are keeping carbs low you will need higher fat or extra protein or it will be very hard to stay in a deficit. Consider keeping fat high or changing your carbs to a higher amount. If you are healthy, keeping carbs low isn't as helpful for weight loss.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    I consume 50% to 60% of my daily calories in carbs. 74 pounds lost since July because I maintain a deficit. Carbs aren't evil.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Too many carbs doesn't prevent weight loss, however it does prevent fat loss. There is a difference. :)