Toning arms

Options
What is the best and fastest way to tone your arms??

I'm going to a formal at the end of July and want to tone my arms some so I don't feel as bad in a sleeveless dress.. I still have a LOT of weight to loose so I know there isn't going to be some miracle fix.. I just want them to be less jiggly

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Push ups!
  • tristajanelle
    Options
    Google some of Tracy Anderson's videos on You Tube. You will at first think ok this is weird, but after you do the moves yourself you will feel it! She claims that her moves pull the muscle to the bone to create a sleek skinny look. Not a bulked up man look. Think dancers arms...... or Gwyneth Paltrow arms as she is her personal trainer.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    bonk
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    To get rid of jiggle, fat loss is more important. That said, I am pro strength training and happy to recommend my upper body routine! I've seen GREAT results.

I do the following exercises regularly: push-ups, dips, pull-ups/chin-ups, and bench presses. These exercises are all great because they work out multiple muscles, including large muscles, and will get your arms in shape, too! Do assisted versions if you can or need to. Modified push-ups, bench dips, etc/ are all great.

I have to say, I live by bench presses. I love this exercise and highly, HIGHLY recommend it.

But mix it up a little, too. I throw in bent-over rows and combo moves like bicep curls + overhead presses, too. I also recommend burpees --- if you don't know what a burpee is, start in a standing position. Quickly squat down, put your hands on the floor, and jump your legs behind you into a plank position. Then jump your feet away from each other, then back together. Perform one push-up. Jump your feet back to your hands and stand (or jump to standing). This is one burpee. I am decently fit and can only do about 15 in a row, max. On strength days, I like to do burpees between different exercises. or between sets.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    bump
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bookmark =)
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've been using 5 lb weights and doing 50 reps of "punches". Stand with your feet should width apart - arms at shoulder level - gripping the weights overhand and punch for 50 reps. Whoa. You will feel a burn! I also do that with bicep curls. Speed it up and do 50 reps and you'll really feel it.

I used to go the slow route, but I needed something different, so I started with the fast, high reps and I noticed a change in my arms fast!
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Women's Health has some really great workouts on their website. The one linked below is killer for toning arms! You will feel it after the workout for sure :)

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/arm-workout-0
  • kcmurray
    kcmurray Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Save
  • melindalamb
    Options
    5 lb weights = biceps serving move, chest fly with bridge, dead lifts, dumbbell pushups, hammer curls, bent over row, triceps kickbacks.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    bump.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    TRICEP DIPS, baby.

Anywhere and everywhere. Put on some music and count "Down-2, Up-2" 4x (for 16 counts of music), then do singles "Down-Up, down-up 8x (another 16 counts). Push yourself to do eventually finish a set of doubles, singles, doubles, singles. Everyday for beautiful arms :)

You can use a chair or a low coffee table, an aerobics step (put 2 risers underneath). Keep your back straight, skimming right along the edge of your chair/table whatever.

As you get stronger, hold one leg up, works the core too.

tricepdip.jpg

blessings.
  • teawithtennyson
    Options
    I love the idea of working with just my own body weight - not worrying whether or not I have the right equip., etc. Thanks sleepytexan - esp. for adding the pics to clarify the move - I'll be trying this tomorrow!! Happy maintenance to you :)