20000 + steps

cprovenghi
cprovenghi Posts: 118 Member
Just passed that 20000 step mark almost 10 miles walked today and here i was thinking i would have trouble with 10000 steps.

Replies

• connors0470
    connors0470 Posts: 3 Member
    I have a question for you. When I add my exercise to the dairy, and then sync my fitbit at the end of the day, arent I doubling my calories burnt. Shouldn't I leave out the exercise, if the garmin app already added for me in my steps taken?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I have a question for you. When I add my exercise to the dairy, and then sync my fitbit at the end of the day, arent I doubling my calories burnt. Shouldn't I leave out the exercise, if the garmin app already added for me in my steps taken?

Are you using garmin or fitbit?

You do not add exercise to your diary if you are using a tracker (which ever brand it is) and it is synced to MFP. It carries your exercise from your tracker to MFP automatically. Yes this is doubling.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member

Are you using garmin or fitbit?

You do not add exercise to your diary if you are using a tracker (which ever brand it is) and it is synced to MFP. It carries your exercise from your tracker to MFP automatically. Yes this is doubling.

edited to add: if you set your tracker to use the activity function when exercising it will bring that activity over as well as the extra steps you take in the day. You will see two entries in MFP, unless you do no use the activity function, it will just show 1 for all steps taken regardless of how those steps taken.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Congrats on 20,000. I haven't gotten there yet. New Fitbit Surge watch and hit 10,000 per day on the weekend but will be kicking that up over the next few months.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Wait til you go all out and do 40k :smiley: I was in a fitbit challenge a while back and pushed on to get that one day...was awfully hungry though lol
  • cprovenghi
    Chris_2013 wrote: »
    Congrats on 20,000. I haven't gotten there yet. New Fitbit Surge watch and hit 10,000 per day on the weekend but will be kicking that up over the next few months.

Thanks, yea it really is motivating to see your activity throughout the day, you will definitely get there. I just recommend buying a good pair of shoes that can take a beating lol
  • cprovenghi
    Wait til you go all out and do 40k :smiley: I was in a fitbit challenge a while back and pushed on to get that one day...was awfully hungry though lol

I am interested in taking those challenges, i am trying to step it up.I'm glad i have insoles in my shoes it helps for those long days.