How long till people notice I lost weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    He's a man, most aren't very observant. I am thinkng 3-6 months and 20 lbs later, lol. Keep in mind, when you live with somene it's harder to tell. On the other side, my wife kept thinking I was losing weight but I wasn't, but I was losing body fat and gaining muscle.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about a man not noticing.. but so often he hops on here and peeks at my profile lol

i'd HATE if my bf checked out my profile, he has a mfp to gain weight (he's ubber skinny) & i wouldn't' friend him bahaha it's just too personal on a level he can't relate to, besides i don't want him knowing a number. i just want him to like what he sees & be proud ♥
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    I have lost 27 lbs and people still haven't noticed... actually scratch that- my mom has noticed.... but come on... my mom... ha
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    considering your height and weight.. i bet at 10 pounds it will be pretty noticeable.. I started at 175 and 10 pounds in people were noticing here and there. Now, 20 pounds in I hear something nice almost every day :o) :o) And my husband is checking me out like a teenager lol.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.. He knows I'm trying to lose weight.. so I'm sure he'll be watching... My sister will be the one would notice.. i only see her every few months or so.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    My hubby tells me everyday how great I am looking. I personally don't know that he really sees it vs. Sees all the effort I put in.
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    My hubby tells me everyday how great I am looking. I personally don't know that he really sees it vs. Sees all the effort I put in.

yeah I don't want to hear it because he sees my weight loss ticker ect.. I hope he really sees a change.. so I can't wait till I lose more weight and someone who doesn't know I'm trying to lose weight notices :)
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    \

love this :o) you're a lucky girl
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11'' and started at 140, people started noticing at 10 pounds
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options

yeah I don't want to hear it because he sees my weight loss ticker ect.. I hope he really sees a change.. so I can't wait till I lose more weight and someone who doesn't know I'm trying to lose weight notices :)

I'm waiting for that too!!! So far my mom and husband notice (but if he sees me workout he's all ooooooooooooh lookin tight, so he doesn't count at all), and my mom, in my head, doesn't count. I'm waiting for the random, "hey have you lost weight?" I'm hoping it's soon because I'm getting close to my first goal and have been working REALLY hard and like I should hope it's noticeable!
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options

I'm waiting for that too!!! So far my mom and husband notice (but if he sees me workout he's all ooooooooooooh lookin tight, so he doesn't count at all), and my mom, in my head, doesn't count. I'm waiting for the random, "hey have you lost weight?" I'm hoping it's soon because I'm getting close to my first goal and have been working REALLY hard and like I should hope it's noticeable!

I hope you get it soon!!!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I say the 1st 20, then 30 then 40, then 50 & so on
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Men generally don't notice these things. My hubby has only recently made some remarks about how good I look when I wear clothes that actually fit. Obviously he KNOWS I've lost weight since we're both working on it, but he's used to seeing me in baggy shorts and tops. It really is nice when they notice though!

sorry but she is right. I gained 20lbs over the last year, which is why I am on here getting it off and my husband didn't know. When I mentioned it to him he was like "what?". I went from a 4 to an 8 ! are you kidding me? I am only 5'3" so it is easy for me to see but nobody else did. When I told my brother I had to lose 20lbs he said "where?" I said I weigh 160 and I am supposed to be 140 and he said "you must carry it good then". Am I the only one who sees it? Hey, if I am the only one who does, that rocks, lol!
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    I say the 1st 20, then 30 then 40, then 50 & so on

well I had 29.6 total to lose... 25lbs to go
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    Men generally don't notice these things. My hubby has only recently made some remarks about how good I look when I wear clothes that actually fit. Obviously he KNOWS I've lost weight since we're both working on it, but he's used to seeing me in baggy shorts and tops. It really is nice when they notice though!

sorry but she is right. I gained 20lbs over the last year, which is why I am on here getting it off and my husband didn't know. When I mentioned it to him he was like "what?". I went from a 4 to an 8 ! are you kidding me? I am only 5'3" so it is easy for me to see but nobody else did. When I told my brother I had to lose 20lbs he said "where?" I said I weigh 160 and I am supposed to be 140 and he said "you must carry it good then". Am I the only one who sees it? Hey, if I am the only one who does, that rocks, lol!

that must be nice!!!

My fiancee sees it .. so does my kids but my kids never seen me smaller..
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options

that must be nice!!!

My fiancee sees it .. so does my kids but my kids never seen me smaller..

it seems like it would be nice but I see it and that is all that counts in my book. plus its a little hard to get motivated when nobody else thinks you are fat. makes it too easy to let it slide.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    As of today I am down 49 pounds since November 2010 and not a single person has noticed :(
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    considering your height and weight.. i bet at 10 pounds it will be pretty noticeable.. I started at 175 and 10 pounds in people were noticing here and there. Now, 20 pounds in I hear something nice almost every day :o) :o) And my husband is checking me out like a teenager lol.

I agree completely.

I started at 184 and a teacher at school who sees me three times a week noticed at 7lbs. I could see my loss in my face. My neighbor was out of town when I started losing and saw me at 10 lbs down and very confidently commented on my loss.

Your weight-loss will show pretty fast since you're shorter. Try to put the 'when' of it all out of your mind so that when the compliment does come, you can fully enjoy it and be surprised. :D
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    have to agree men dont notice...............unless you have lost it off your boobs in which case we would notice with a 1oz drop !

dont do it for him, but for you !

you are small anyway so it would be hard to see that drop

keep it up
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I want to throw in one more comment that I thought of on the way to work in why people rarely notice weight, especially five lbs.

Go weigh yourself in the morning and then do the same thing after dinner. You can gain 5 lbs easily but it doesn't change the appearance. This is why it's hard to notice weight change. It's when your body starts to change it's composition (ei - you decrease your body fat through weightloss) is when people start to notice.

I will say, I am a man and I notice a lot. I can pretty much tell you what my wife eats each day by just looking in the fridge, lol.