19 and wanting to lose weight

Options
Any suggestions?

Replies

• LaphroaigRules
    LaphroaigRules Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Exercise, eat healthy, and log everything you eat and drink, set your goals and adjust your calorie intake to that. MFP is amazing and will help you reach your goals! Also find some supporting people that will motivate and help you when you have a question or so.
  • lfod308
    lfod308 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Xironrules is spot on! I had to completely eliminate junk food in my diet because a little junk in my diet always kept the taste for it in my body. Eat a lot of healthy fats. Olives, avocados, coconut oil, and fatty fish and meats.
  • FruitiePootie
    FruitiePootie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Exercising is one of the best things you can do, if you can stick to it. Besides, it brightens up your mood intensely! Staying away from soda might also help. Good luck
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Figure out what how many calories you take in daily, cut that by 500 (don't go under 1200). If you don't exercise regularly, start adding some cardio and strength training (opposing days is fine) a few days a week. If you aren't already doing these two things, you'll see big changes rather quickly as it'll shock the system. :)