looking for helpful tips and motivation

Options
davis6334
davis6334 Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I'm starting my weight loss journey and looking for some helpful tips and motivation. Thanks so much!!!

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    you don't mention your goal - and i find it very helpful to have a goal. not just a long term goal like "lose 100 pounds", but a shorter term goal.

weighing my food made everything easier and clearer for me, and using MFP with that always lets you know how many calories you have left in a day.

treat yourself to foods you like in moderation. potato chips? ice cream? weigh your portions and treat yourself to tastes you love so you won't feel deprived.

maybe if you told us more about yourself, it would be easier to make suggestions.
  • davis6334
    Options
    Hi sorry, I at least want to lose 50 lbs. I'm new to this trying to read calories and starting portion control. I'm 5'8 and 205 Omg. I'm very determine. I have gave up sodas, sweets, and breads. I started Zumba this pass Saturday. It would be great if I could lose this or a lil more by my birthday in June.
  • Jacob1020
    Jacob1020 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Forget the goal! You've already officially started your new outlook on life! And a positive one at that.! Initially seeing that you've eliminated most sugars ( carbs ) in the first couple of days & weeks you will lose water weight. Keep well hydrated especially now you've started Zumba. Eat at a calorie deficit, don't go hungry :)
  • davis6334
    Options
    Thanks Jacob 1020, I'm just downloaded this app today. Now I'm trying to figure ask this counting calories works.
  • nlkklrocks
    nlkklrocks Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'd first say to make a more immediate goal - say your first 10 lbs in 6 weeks to keep you motivated. Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of veggies whenever you can. For motivation sometimes I like to read the posts in the success story message board section of the MFP community. For me, if I go to bed a LITTLE hungry, I know I'll lose that week, but it needs to be sustainable so do not cut your calories too much. Try not to eat back your exercise calories for a little while, if it doesn't make you overly hungry. Good luck!!
  • davis6334
    Options
    @nlkklrocks thanks so much
  • davis6334
    Options
    davis6334 wrote: »
    Thanks @Jacob1020, I'm just downloaded this app today. Now I'm trying to figure ask this counting calories works.

• davis6334
    Options
    Thanks @Jacob1020, I'm just downloaded this app today. Now I'm trying to figure how this counting calories works.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale. Weigh everything and log religiously.