Scale Tip

Options
I've learned this from experience..

One morning when I was half asleep at 6-7am, I weighed in one morning and it seemed like I gained a pound overnight after making better choices constantly..I know water weight is always a issue when weight shifts..so I went to back to bed and 2 hours later and weighed in again, numbers were much lower and was still a loss..so my advice do not weigh in when your half asleep..give your body time to wake up a little bit..maybe 15-30 minutes and try again. :happy:

Replies

• pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    very interesting - i will give this a shot as i always weigh myself 1st thing in the morning
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Yea! If I don't get enough sleep, I will not lose or I will gain 1 or 2
  • Bthack
    Bthack Posts: 48
    Options
    Haha..i hope this is true!!! on a saturday i weighed in right after i woke up. then the next day i weighed...but waited a little...maybe 30 min. down 1.4 lbs! Maybe you're on to something :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    and to the bathroom first. LOL
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I found out that also. If I try to weigh when I am not fully awake and groggy. I will weigh heavier. So I do wait till I am awake and more alert.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I've done this several times!!! I always weigh more around 4-7am, and I weigh the least around 8-9am. It's crazy.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed this too. I was thinking that maybe it was just giving our bodies more time to burn calories at is base rate. Even when we are sleeping, we are still burning calories, so I was thinking that may be why I always weigh much less on the weekend mornings when I get to sleep in.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Very interesting!!! So then if you wait until 30mins or longer to weigh, do you then wait before you eat breakfast?

Just curious, I work from home and start at 6:30am and I weigh as soon as I use the RR. I may wait an extra 30 mins and see what happenns lol.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I do wait..a few minutes would even make a difference..I get up, restroom, sit up in bed 5-10 minutes and that does that trick as well.
  • vannie18
    vannie18 Posts: 55
    Options
    I have to try this!! Thanks.