Gained weight :(

Options
I'm a Lil sad, for this past month I've been eating healthy and exercising for 70 - 90 min daily except Sundays I still eat healthy even though I don't exercise and the first week I lost 7lbs, but this morning when I weighted myself I had gained 4lbs and I don't know why if I have been really strict with my diet and exercise could've been that I had an alcoholic beverage on Saturday?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    "Eating healthy" indicate whether or not you were eating in a calorie deficit or not. How many calories are you eating per day?
  • Jacob1020
    Jacob1020 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It could be the alcohol, seeing as you said you've been eating right, exercising & tracking. Have you been eating a low carbohydrate diet I'm curious to know?
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. There will be ups and down involved. That's normal. One alcoholic beverage isn't going to cause you gain 4lbs. Chances are, that extra is water weight, which will come off without any issue. Don't stress about it; this is a slow process when done correctly, but you will get to the end if you just stay on track. ^_^
  • Jacob1020
    Options
    If you have been eating a low carbohydrate diet, the alcohol having sugar in it interrupted it causing you to retain water, usually 3-4lbs is water weight. But it will take sometimes up 42 hours to 72 hours to come back into that low carb state. If you have been low carb, within that period lower your fat intake ( not too much not too little ) and keep moving forward.!
  • Nena8_8
    Nena8_8 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    "Eating healthy" indicate whether or not you were eating in a calorie deficit or not. How many calories are you eating per day?

I'm on 1,350 calories
  • Nena8_8
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Weight loss isn't linear. There will be ups and down involved. That's normal. One alcoholic beverage isn't going to cause you gain 4lbs. Chances are, that extra is water weight, which will come off without any issue. Don't stress about it; this is a slow process when done correctly, but you will get to the end if you just stay on track. ^_^

Thank you so much so needed to hear this :blush:
  • Nena8_8
    Options
    Jacob1020 wrote: »
    If you have been eating a low carbohydrate diet, the alcohol having sugar in it interrupted it causing you to retain water, usually 3-4lbs is water weight. But it will take sometimes up 42 hours to 72 hours to come back into that low carb state. If you have been low carb, within that period lower your fat intake ( not too much not too little ) and

I only eat 1 cup of carbs a day. Thanks for your advice.:)
  • Nena8_8
    Options

I'm eating 1,350 calories a day.
  • Jacob1020
    Options
    Jacob1020 wrote: »
    If you have been eating a low carbohydrate diet, the alcohol having sugar in it interrupted it causing you to retain water, usually 3-4lbs is water weight. But it will take sometimes up 42 hours to 72 hours to come back into that low carb state. If you have been low carb, within that period lower your fat intake ( not too much not too little ) and

I only eat 1 cup of carbs a day. Thanks for your advice.:)

Yep, then you need to inspect what exactly your eating especially supermarket processed foods wich contain hidden carbs & alchahol Also what type of carbs your eating. Presumably you get them mainly from low carb vegtables.
  • Jacob1020
    Options
    It's deffintly the alcohol if you've been getting your carbohydrates from vegtables. Alcohol contains hidden carbohydrates also seeing that it's recent just Saturday, that's 4lbs of water. Not Fat. Go back to your normal way of eating and you could occasionally treat yourself with a alcoholic beverage, just Remember it will come with 3-4lb of water weight :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, weight loss isn't linear, sometimes water weight or digestion issues will add weight that will drop off later, and honestly sometimes it seems to take the body some time to catch up with what you're doing.

You should be aiming for @ 1 lb loss per week on average over the long haul. And if you don't have a food scale, you should pick one up, it will really help you check to make sure your portion sizes are accurate. No matter what types of foods you choose to eat, what matters for weight loss is your calories.

It's fine to have alcohol, just make sure you log it :)
  • Nena8_8
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'm glad I posted this I've gotten very important information thanks again I feel much better now lol :smiley: