Options
13»

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    haygee73 wrote: »
    aseeser92 wrote: »
    If you have extra money to blow on snake oil, go for it.

Just know if you don't eat at a calorie deficit, this "miracle product" won't work.

Okay thanks!

As I said in my other post, this is not a miracle product. It is a tool, a tool that I found to be very helpful. Do your research, but the product is all natural :)
    And I agree people on these post can be rude but you over look those posts and move on :)

Disagreeing with someone =/= rude.

And the product is crap. Nothing at all wrong with people pointing it out. The only people that benefit from it are the ones selling it, and most people selling it end up losing money anyway.

Disagreeing with someone =/= rude.

No, not at all. It's all in how it's stated. There is no need responding in a rude manor.
    And I for one have benefitted from it. Yes, I do eat at a calorie deficit, however, when I began I had trouble doing so. The product has helped control my appetite and desires for sugar. :)

The placebo effect can be strong with products like Plexus when people really want to lose weight, and paying that much money for something that touts weight loss can be comforting for some people.

However, a calorie deficit is what caused your weight loss, period. The Plexus had absolutely no effect on that. Yes, taking your little pills with your food may have made you feel like you were doing something, and that could've helped, but it was a feeling, and nothing more.

This is a calorie counting website, and people asking about these products on the forums deserve to know the truth about them. There is absolutely no reason to throw your money at a placebo - just eat less food.

Not all Plexus (actually any weight loss products) are pills, some are drinks (: There are some people who benefit greatly from it. I'm sorry you disagree (your opinion is greatly appreciated, that's her whole point of asking, but you don't have to put down other people's opinion, trying to make yours a fact) but there are many testimonies to plexus helping, and also helping way more than just weight loss. You are also not in Butbygrace206's shoes, you've not walked in her footsteps. I'm glad Plexus has worked for you, Butbygrace206, I appreciate your opinion and sharing your testimony!

All of the active ingredients in the products have already been shown to have no effect on weight loss - they don't contain some brand new magical secret ingredient. If they did, and if it really worked, the creator of the product would've won a Nobel prize for curing obesity. Also apparently for curing infertility.

The products also claim to "detoxify" your body - which is impossible, and your liver and kidneys perform just fine without it.

You eat at a calorie deficit, you lose weight. If you want to throw money at these MLM products, that's fine. I come into these threads to let people know that the products are bogus. Save that money and spend it on something else, like a dress or a bathing suit for when you lose weight, or a pair of new shoes, or a weekend getaway. All of those things are 100% better than some magic pill.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    haygee73 wrote: »
    Polydextrose - A form of soluble fiber that can take the place of sugar in beverages. It can be used as a thickening agent and stabilizer. It is frequently used as an ingredient in low-carb, sugar-free, and diabetic cooking recipes. It is also used as a thickening agent. Polydextrose has shown healthful prebiotic benefits when tested in animals. It contains only 1 kcal per gram and, therefore, is able to help reduce calories.

It is synthesized from corn, not chemicals, and it's what helps blood sugar levels.

So yes, it is technically synthetic but from natural ingredients ... Non GMO corn. (:

Plexus has helped me a bunch! I had changed my eating and was working out an hour and a half, five days a week in the police academy. I lost 15 pounds and plateaued. Once out of the academy I still workout but not as much. I started plexus and have lost 10 more pounds! I honestly do have much more energy, plexus slim curbs my appetite, and speeds up my metabolism. My fiancé who doesn't believe in any health products has also started and loves it!

Not everyone may agree with Plexus, Advocare, R&F, etc. But if it is working for someone, then support them and encourage them! Different products work for different people. So if it doesn't work for you then move on. If healthy eating and working out works for you, then great! But don't put down other people or discourage other people trying to make your point.

To the poster who originally started this post- Good luck! Research whatever products you would like, whether it be plexus or some other company you decide, and give it your all out best! You got this! Plexus does provide a 60 day money back guarantee on all products, it gives you a chance to try them and if you're not happy, you're not stuck with them!

Then you started eating at a proper deficit once you lost after your plateau.

I'll never support snake oil products, EDs, or VLCDs. Shrug.

I have a car payment and mortgage, if anyone wants to throw away even more money.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    knitnurs wrote: »
    I used it starting July of last year. I cancelled my autoship just today. The ambassador I bought from is an acquaintance of mine and she kept talking about how much better she feels etc so I thought I would try it. I feel the same and weigh the same. And it is EXPENSIVE. I can use the money to buy a plane ticket to see my daughter. Two months = 1 round trip ticket. yes, it's that much.

I really think stuff like this has a placebo effect on some people.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    knitnurs wrote: »
    I used it starting July of last year. I cancelled my autoship just today. The ambassador I bought from is an acquaintance of mine and she kept talking about how much better she feels etc so I thought I would try it. I feel the same and weigh the same. And it is EXPENSIVE. I can use the money to buy a plane ticket to see my daughter. Two months = 1 round trip ticket. yes, it's that much.

I really think stuff like this has a placebo effect on some people.

Some people want it to work so bad! And they need to justify blowing all that money somehow......

• DawgFanGinny
    DawgFanGinny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would honestly research the heck out of this And talk to your doctor before trying it. I asked mine and he said "under no circumstances do I want you to even consider trying this". He's had quite a few people come to him after taking it complaining about severe headaches and other issues (like chest pains) that took weeks to get rid of. One girl told him that every time she told her "dealer" that she had a problem the answer she was given was "well that's because you aren't taking this blah blah blah with it." Also, if you research it, I would say about 95% of all positive reviews are from women selling the product. I know we are All different and our bodies handle things differently.. but I really would at least talk to my doctor first
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Wow, the usual response when plexus wasn't working used to be "you're detoxing". That was the catch phrase for EVERYTHING.
    I'm so embarrassed I fell for the marketing spiel :weary:
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow, the usual response when plexus wasn't working used to be "you're detoxing". That was the catch phrase for EVERYTHING.
    I'm so embarrassed I fell for the marketing spiel :weary:

Apparently they wised up. "Detoxing" doesn't sell more products. ;)
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Just know if you don't eat at a calorie deficit, this "miracle product" won't work.

Okay thanks!

As I said in my other post, this is not a miracle product. It is a tool, a tool that I found to be very helpful. Do your research, but the product is all natural :)
    And I agree people on these post can be rude but you over look those posts and move on :)

This is the natural fallacy. That is, just because something is natural doesn't make it good. Lead is natural. So is arsenic. Formaldehyde naturally occurs in the body, but I dare say we all wouldn't go rush out to buy some arsenic pills to gobble down because they're "natural."
  • ajsawrie
    ajsawrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Okay thanks!

Cocaine is also all natural. :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is the third post on plexus
    For anyone who has found MFP I am wondering why you are still looking for a quick fix
    I was so happy to find this site, it really has changed the way I look.
    In my oppinion if people are looking for jump starts and detoxes are you really ready to commit to making a change?
    Keep reading success stories to see what others have done if you are unsure where to start
  • MattReeceCPT
    MattReeceCPT Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    As I have never tried Plexus, I believe that people with negative comments found other ways to lose weight... which is great! Personally, I have dropped 125 pounds using Advocare products. I've lost an average of 10 pounds per month. Nearly 10 years ago, I worked at a gym... I tried multiple products and never saw results like I have with Advocare. Do I think someone can see results without products like these? Yes. Do I think some people need products like these? Yes. Everyone is different. My advice to you is to find what works for you and run with it, because at the end of the day, the negative people aren't living in your shoes. Best wishes with your journey!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Oh, because that doesn't sound like a sales pitch at all...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    As I have never tried Plexus, I believe that people with negative comments found other ways to lose weight... which is great! Personally, I have dropped 125 pounds using Advocare products. I've lost an average of 10 pounds per month. Nearly 10 years ago, I worked at a gym... I tried multiple products and never saw results like I have with Advocare. Do I think someone can see results without products like these? Yes. Do I think some people need products like these? Yes. Everyone is different. My advice to you is to find what works for you and run with it, because at the end of the day, the negative people aren't living in your shoes. Best wishes with your journey!

Lol.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Necro thread...and 1 year later, Plexus, Advocare, Shakeology, Herbalife, are all crap. Don't waste your money.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If Advocare, Plexus, Herbalife, or anything else works, it's because if you spend that kind of money on something, you had damn well better get your own *kitten* in gear to get some results and justify the cost.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    People keep resurrecting old threads.....why?
  • socialbutterfly36
    socialbutterfly36 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've had friends take it in and help them out first but it doesn't seem to do much difference after that and the boosters that they have are basically just vitamin B and caffeine you can try it and see if it works for you but I had a friend that was on it for year and she lost weight at the beginning but you really can't notice a difference. The best thing would probably do is eat more protein and weightlifting cause muscle burns fat.
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Placebo. I used to think supplement A, B and C worked. The only thing they helped with is adherence because if I'm spending all that money I Better be consistent with diet and exercise. People will write up their testimonials because of this placebo and this problem will never go away.