Need help..Body Cleanse with 1200 calories

Options
So I am on day 8 of a 10 day Whole Body Cleanse and I have been eating a high fiber 1200 calorie a day diet. My fiber intake is usually around 40-50 grams of fiber but I stay around 1200 Calories. Tomorrow will be day 9 and I haven't lost 1 pound!! I have not cheated, havent drank alcohol and have only had 2 (8oz) cups of coffee (caffenine). I used to drink 2 big cups of coffee a day, drink a margarita at night and eat more like 2500 calories a day... so I can't figure out why I haven't lost 1 pound.

Please help... how many days before u started to see the scale move?

Replies

• athenakathleen
    athenakathleen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi

what are you eating, and what are you stats (weight, height,sex)?
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You cut your calories in half or more. Your body is going "Feed me, I'm starving!"
  • irishseven
    irishseven Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and protein, for energy, cut the fiber and move! The weight will follow, good luck!
  • ami789
    ami789 Posts: 47
    Options
    Depending on what your eating...cleanses are supposed to cleanse your body of the nastiness and set it up for healthier eating and better absorbtion when you are doen.. Weight loss doesnt always happen but yes it is a nice plus.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Is this a huge increase in your fiber intake? My guess is your body is adjusting to the fiber and you are not eliminating much if anything right now. Increasing fiber intake needs to be done slowly. Any time you do it all at once, you can cause a back up of gas and everything else! How much water are you drinking? Water intake needs to increase as fiber intake increases.

Give it a little more time and a lot of water, and it will all catch up with you.
  • Bw3taz
    Bw3taz Posts: 14
    Options
    For breakfast I eat a piece of double fiber bread with almond butter on it
    Snacks will usually be fruit or a fiber bar
    Lunch- 2 cup Spinach salad with broccoli and red pepper with a 2oz pckg of light tuna sometimes I add a slice of double fiber bread
    Dinner- either a girtons 80 cal Salmon patty with salad or I make a pita bread pizza witg 1/3 c low fat mozz cheese, 1tbsp pizza sauce, marinated artichokes (2-3 pieces).
    Dinner snack grapefruit

I am 5'5 weight is 157
  • Bw3taz
    Options
    I drink about 65-75 oz of distilled water. I did do the fiber all at once. I love that the fiber keeps me feeling full usually after dinner I still have 200-250 calories and am so full I dread eating something but try to get as close to 1200 as possible except for today I only intook 850 calories but this is the first time this has happened... busy night with kids and didn' t get my nightly snack in.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for a week and ramped my water consumption through the roof. It was a good time for me to do it work wise because i didn't have any meetings.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Sometimes these diets are just gimmicks. Though yes it is true fiber does have it's place in weight loss so does calcium. At least mabe your weight is not going up and you could be losing inches v.s. pounds. I know that exercise is key to gain muscle which helps with maintaining your metabolism. It has only been a week so you could see a difference in another week. The calories are a guideline and also what kind of fiber are you eating, from veggies and fruit or added to food fiber. I have had experience with working out for the past 15 years min.
    So I do have some knowledge on these things. Also make sure you are getting your water and if your sodium intake and suger are high it can add trouble as well. These are some of the guidelines I go by and over the past 36 days being on this sight I have seen inches and weight, loss. Hope it helps and be blessed.

1. Change it up,
    No matter how your routine is change it up when you hit a plateau, unable to se a change in your body or weight. Sometimes our inches change when our weight doesn't. You can do this with exercise or with diet. Sometimes it is as simple

2. Never eat after 8 pm,
    I have found that if I eat even 1 tiny piece of chocolate after 8 pm, My body retains it. So I only drink water at night. If you have to, eat something like a small salad with 1/2 a tablespoon of light dressing that you actually mix in before you eat so it doesn't just sit on top as a blob.

3.Eat nuts,
    When I was starving one day and I didn't want to binge on unhealthy snacks I ate a handfull of dry roasted unsalted peanuts and I didn't gain weight! It is the super miracle food, and good for you.

4. Skip the soda,
    I try to skip soda at all costs, I allow 1, 12oz diet pepsi at dinner and that is all. I used to be a 2 liter a day soda drinker and it absolutly pained me to quit drinking, but when I did the weight just melted off.

5. I keep the suger low,
    I make sure that when I eat there is a daily deficit of suger in my diet because there is a TON of hidden suger out there. Food is not an enemy but this website is great because it makes yo aware of what you are putting into your body.

6. Cheat,
    That is Right, I said cheat!!! Find healthy alternatives to what you crave. I used to add just a little bit of juice to my water to make it taste better because I didn't like the taste of it. When I craved sweet I forced myself to eat a piece of fruit and I was shocked when it actually worked to stave off my sweet tooth.

7. Cheese and turkey are your friends.
    It is great as a protein and somehow unlike milk it has none of the sugar! Make sure it is low cal and 2%. I have found pre shredded mexican blend personally to be the best choies. Hormel Turkey pepperoni and Kroger Turkey Bacon, 65% less fat have added seriously awesome flavor to sandwiches along with Orowheat sandwich thins. And as a family of 5, me being the only one eating these things, I have been able to strech them out as well as it is not extremely expensive.

I'll leave you with this and if you have any more questions I would be happy to help.
    Best of luck, and may the dilligence of your efforts be fruitful.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    full body cleanse

Have fun with your gimmick diet. Come back when you want to change your eating habits.
  • Bw3taz
    Options
    @Fitmom-Thanks for the info
    @Schwiggity- I asked a question and not for a smart *kitten* opinion from you so take your rudeness to someone elses post. No where in my question did I say I was on a diet! I' m doing a full body cleanse for other reason and choose high fiber food to go along with 1200 calorie intake while doing the cleanse!
  • Bw3taz
    Options
    I also want to say, I didnt do the cleanse nor 1200 for weight loss but did expect that I would lise some since I had changed my eating habits and cut other things out, when I didnt see any weight lose I was curious as to why I hsdn't!
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    you might be in starvation mode OR it just hasn't been long enough.