Hello Everyone, New to site

Options
dovenotes
dovenotes Posts: 46 Member
Hi! I am so blessed to have found this site via my daughter, who is doing so well! We both started working out and watching our food together. So far, i am really enjoying the exercise for the past 6 weeks and going strong. I have spent most of my life hiding behind clothes.
This week is the first time in about 3 years I have dared to expose my upper arms and wear tank tops. I also noticed how abdominal exercises are helping support my injured back, and generally feel less stiff and overall stronger. I feel better in my mood, and concentration as well. I used to exercise for looks and weight loss. But now, I exercise to feel good, be healthy, strong, flexible, energetic, and confident in outlook, and the rest will take care of itself. I don think I will ever have to worry about losing motivation. It really feels good and natural now. At 44 years old, I feel health is definitely the most important factor in my fitness, more than anything else.
This is such a great, fun site and a real motivator. Thanks to everyone who has made it possible and contributed to this! I look forward to meeting others and sharing strengths and helping each other reach our goals! YES!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Good luck with your weight loss and fitness goals.
  • kathryn84
    kathryn84 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your healthy new lifestyle! Sounds like you are doing awesome. And how cool to be doing this with your daughter. You guys must give each other crazy amounts of support and encouragement :)
  • BeautifulTestimony
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy your weight loss journey with your daughter. :happy:
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    I so feel ya! Your story sounds alot like my story. so I totally understand where you're coming from as will everyone here..I wish you great success with meeting all of your goals and staying motivated, this site has wonderful promise in helping meet those goals. Please feel free to add me, I've only been with MFP for 3 days now but I love it, however I have been on my new healthy eating plan for 21/2 weeks so, again good luck and hope to be talking with you!

Rita :-)