Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pulled my back....

Ice or Heat? I'm finding conflicting info online.

Replies

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Both. Depending on the issue. Ice reduces swelling, and heat loosens muscle. You can switch back and forth.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Ice is only if there's excessive swelling.. which is doubtful. Warmth and movement promotes circulation and healing. :+1:
  • saishyamk
    saishyamk Posts: 41 Member
    Disk injury = Ice
    Muscle pull = Heat
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    I just went through a double disc herniation late last year and the Ortho surgeon suggested heat rather than ice. I ended up doing a little of both, ice when there was swelling and heat afterward. There were major pain killers involved as well, so there's no telling if either worked better than the other. I managed to squeak by without having to have surgery (steroid shots and yoga got me past it). I think though, if I did not have the steroids to reduce inflammation I'd go with ice.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Don't heat more then 30 minutes at a time.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    It depends on the injury but basically whatever feels good. For back I generally tend to stick to heat.