Fairly new to MFP. Seeking motivation and want to give it back also!

Options
I'm 23 and I've been using My Fitness Pall off and on for a while. I'm wanting to commit to using it all the time.
I am starting the T25 work out for the second time.
The first time was about a little over a month ago. I loved it, but I got unmotivated and skipped a day and then didn't start back up.
I then went to a doctors appointment for something unrelated, and was shocked and depressed at the sight of my current weight on the scale. I have been becoming more and more uncomfortable with my body lately and have had to start buying bigger clothes. I absolutely hate it! I am vowing to myself that it is gong to stop here and I am going to get back to where I used to be and healthy and feeling good about myself again!
I appreciate any advice and motivation, and will gladly share my knowledge and help to motivate others as well.
Thanks!

Replies

• ajalcazar84
    ajalcazar84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello! I wouldn't mind providing motivation as I know I need it too. Feel free to add me and we can help each other out.
  • davidmartinez66
    davidmartinez66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, we can all help keep each other motivated and going in a positive direction. It's certainly a shock weighing in at the doctors office sometimes, but it sounds like you want to get after some
    weight loss. The best part, you are in control and you can do it. I have lost about 76 pounds and have had to
    buy new clothes, I hate shopping but I do like the clothes that now fit properly.

Many people will help you, this is a great place to get healthy.

Good luck!
    David
  • jesslynn9293
    jesslynn9293 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks. And awesome work on the -76! I bet it's great to see all your hard work pay off! =)
  • Jose2716
    Jose2716 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You seem to have the right attitude to change and that's the first step. The others steps are harder but with friends moving towards the same goal, its a lot easier. Feel free to add me, so we can help each other out.
  • cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was in denial pretending I was ok with the way I looked but after a routine visit to the doctor it was apparent my blood pressure was getting high so I decided enough is enough and I have been on MFP for 35 days and have lost 14lbs it's really good to keep track of food intake and see the weight going down on the progress chart. I'm sure everyone in here will help you.
  • AmandaLee38
    AmandaLee38 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am also in the same boat as you all and I am trying to loose 25 pounds- been doing great tracking everything for the past week afraid to weigh myself though!
  • jesslynn9293
    Options
    cathed42: Thanks and congratulations on your success!! Keep it up! =)
  • jesslynn9293
    Options
    AmandaLee38: don't be afraid to check your weight. Even if the number hasn't changed, it doesn't mean that it's not working. Sometimes it takes a little while to actually see the results, but that's okay. Just keep up the good work and never give up!
  • davidmartinez66
    davidmartinez66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    AmandaLee38: Try not to get to high or too low, weigh in weekly and don't get too upset of the number is not what you wanted, use MFP to help track your food daily, information is power and you will figure things out!

David