Help!

Options
In the last year and a half I've lost 40 lbs. I hit a brick wall and have started using MFP regularly now for a few months to help me get past that wall. However, I keep hitting it over and over again! I ate so much at noon I went way over my calories for the whole day! Even my 2 mile walk wasn't enough to get me out of the hole I dug. How do I not eat that way and make better choices? I know what to do but HOW??

Replies

• karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Keep plugging the numbers in to the app. Be aware of how much it costs you to eat that way. Even if you still overeat at least you're aware of exactly what you're doing to yourself.
  • ritaw68
    ritaw68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Also the next time you grocery shop, try to stock up on foods that you can have a lot of, but not expend too many calories. I find that if I limit white carbs, I can eat more. Focusing on meats, fruits, veggies and nuts, I feel like I eat a lot and am not feeling hungry throughout my day. Also I drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. Try to pre-plan meals as much as possible. You can do this.
  • safisana
    safisana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    karlis87 wrote: »
    Keep plugging the numbers in to the app. Be aware of how much it costs you to eat that way. Even if you still overeat at least you're aware of exactly what you're doing to yourself.

I agree... all the knowledge in the world didn't help me, but putting my food into the app in real time forces me to be accountable. I knew that if I ate that cookie at lunch, I would not be able to eat dinner. :(
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Plan your meals and prelog in food diary.
    Buy foods you intend to eat, and nothing else.
    Bring your own lunch if that is an option.
    Eat food you like, and don't eat food you don't like but think you should eat.
    Eat ordinary food most days, and reserve treats for special occasions.