Not that number, never again , not that number

Options
You ever jump on the scale and see your weight drop and thank thank sweet baby Jesus, but I never want to see that other number again!!!

I now don't think about my end number I just have gotten to a point where I think to myself "T never again do I want to see; 360, 355, 349 .. Ect" when I gain weight its ever a huge number that I go wow never seen that its always the same stupid numbers. I honestly this year need to get under 300 im almost OK with toggling between 298 and 304 lol then I will stress about the rest next year or maybe I will just keep going just out of pure motivation.

What's your thought behind this, what do you think ? Can you relate?

Replies

• SCartagena2016
    SCartagena2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear ya but my biggest struggle is not being able to control my stress eating. I feel like I get on a roll but eventually roll back to my bad habbits. They say it's a life change and not a "diet" , and "a little is okay"; but what do you do to control your hungry little monster inside?
  • Lisazeigler
    Lisazeigler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a stress eater too. Trying to tell myself that I am worth so much more than that chocolate or Oreo or burger or . . . You fill in the blank. Empowering myself with food choices instead in wallowing int self pitty!
  • Blessed2beT
    Blessed2beT Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hear ya but my biggest struggle is not being able to control my stress eating. I feel like I get on a roll but eventually roll back to my bad habbits. They say it's a life change and not a "diet" , and "a little is okay"; but what do you do to control your hungry little monster inside?

What do I do?? I log what I eat, it helps me yo eat what I want and hold myself accountable. I also have truly found alternatives that may not be perfect but they are easy and a better to me option. In this moment I had a choice between my talapia and greens well where I am its very cold in Los Angeles and what I like when its cold I like pizza like 4 slices lol. So instead I keep lean pockets in my freezer I have one at 290 calories instead of the 1000 cals I would get from my 4 slices. Like I said not a perfect option but its still giving me that warm ooey gooey feeling. Definitely a lifestyle change. What's your favorite emotional meal?
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    I'm a stress eater too. Trying to tell myself that I am worth so much more than that chocolate or Oreo or burger or . . . You fill in the blank. Empowering myself with food choices instead in wallowing int self pitty!

Good advice I try those words when I'm working out , like can't you give yourself a 20 min mile or more walk tiff geesh that's the least you can do for you life, your health your future
  • Jose2716
    Jose2716 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I so agree with you. I was above 600 pounds for 2 years. I recently started to be serious about losing weight and finally got under 600 (655 highest/590 currently) and I never want to see a 6 in my weight again. Next goal will be 575.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have been bouncing between 80kg & 90kg for the last 10 years. I just cant seem to get below that. Sitting just below 83 atm and hoping I am still on a downward trend. I used 85 as an upper limit over xmas as I was a bit over it after 3 months of solid effort (I went from 94-83 between Sept & Dec last year).

I am really hoping I can say goodbye to that 8 forever in the next few months. I can decide if I have the motivation/energy/desire to crack down for a few solid weeks to get it below 80 or just keep cruising along slowly hoping that it will be a perm change that way.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    Jose2716 wrote: »
    I so agree with you. I was above 600 pounds for 2 years. I recently started to be serious about losing weight and finally got under 600 (655 highest/590 currently) and I never want to see a 6 in my weight again. Next goal will be 575.

That is fantastic. You are doing great no surgery? My highest was over 400 I'm not sure how much exactly but my lowest was 323 short term goal is to see 322 wow we are in for a long one huh. When you see certain numbers don't you want to throw the scale out and give up? I told myself this morning if that damn scale still says 351 I'm quitting. Well it said 348 and that's good for 5 days. But I just need to not see those number again it makes you feel like a chubby hamster.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am in a bad place right now--I understand. My best weight was 140. It was doable with a normal amount of vigilance and exercise. I am 45 with 2 teenage boys, a full time job and a normal body. What I mean is I do not have 2 hours a day to work out, I am unlikely to do a juice fast or some such, I am not going to look like a Victoria's Secret model no matter what I do. But...life happens and now I weigh 172. That number scares me to death. It's the biggest number I have ever seen on that scale not pregnant. And I SWORE I would NEVER get over 150 and yet...here I am. So as of today I am logging and measuring everything AGAIN. The stress eating is what kills me too. It turns out cookies are the only thing that make me feel better!!! It's bad.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    I have been bouncing between 80kg & 90kg for the last 10 years. I just cant seem to get below that. Sitting just below 83 atm and hoping I am still on a downward trend. I used 85 as an upper limit over xmas as I was a bit over it after 3 months of solid effort (I went from 94-83 between Sept & Dec last year).

I am really hoping I can say goodbye to that 8 forever in the next few months. I can decide if I have the motivation/energy/desire to crack down for a few solid weeks to get it below 80 or just keep cruising along slowly hoping that it will be a perm change that way.

I saw go for it! Put those weeks of effort in.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options
    drabbits2 wrote: »
    I am in a bad place right now--I understand. My best weight was 140. It was doable with a normal amount of vigilance and exercise. I am 45 with 2 teenage boys, a full time job and a normal body. What I mean is I do not have 2 hours a day to work out, I am unlikely to do a juice fast or some such, I am not going to look like a Victoria's Secret model no matter what I do. But...life happens and now I weigh 172. That number scares me to death. It's the biggest number I have ever seen on that scale not pregnant. And I SWORE I would NEVER get over 150 and yet...here I am. So as of today I am logging and measuring everything AGAIN. The stress eating is what kills me too. It turns out cookies are the only thing that make me feel better!!! It's bad.

Firstly is it specific cookies? Any healthier alternative? And I am so sorry crap I get you. Seems like you're going to have to get under 140 like 129-135 in order to leave flexibility to never see those other numbers. I have no idea how tall you are or if those numbers are too low. But gosh I hear your frustration to my core because I was there just 2 days ago. I know due to my current 350 weight I can lose it faster because its all a shock to my system. I hate that when people are smaller its harder for them isn't that messed up?
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

I can be a stress eater too. That's why the first few months were more about establishment of habits in diet and exercise as much as they were about the number on the scale. Get it ingrained in the mind. Because everyone has stress and falters a bit. But the trick isn't avoiding the dip, it's in not letting one meal, one day, turn into a week, a month. If you can minimize the size of the dips, that's a success in my book.
  • Blessed2beT
    Options

I can be a stress eater too. That's why the first few months were more about establishment of habits in diet and exercise as much as they were about the number on the scale. Get it ingrained in the mind. Because everyone has stress and falters a bit. But the trick isn't avoiding the dip, it's in not letting one meal, one day, turn into a week, a month. If you can minimize the size of the dips, that's a success in my book.

Totally agree