Spring Fling 2016

Options
mom2rpkp
mom2rpkp Posts: 183 Member
It's spring! Let's encourage each other as we set and meet goals in this season of renewal. There are 13 weeks, 91 days until summer arrives on June 20th at 3:35 PM. This challenge: Set any fitness, self-care, or nutrition goal, and commit to the specifics of that goal for the spring. Commit the goal in writing in the challenge comments. Use the comments to log progress, obstacles, and to encourage each other. Remember to set SMART goals: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timed. I am going to set my goals in categories such as self-care, logging, fitness. An example of one SMART goal = "I will take 780,000 steps between March 21st and June 20th." Join me! - Bonnie

Replies

• mom2rpkp
    Options
    Bonnie from Portland, OR here - (feel free to friend request - MFP user name = mom2rpkp).
    In Spring 2016, I will:
    1)Take 780,000 steps (avg 10K/day, 6 dys wwk)
    2) Spend time outside 52 days
    3) Log all food intake 91 days. Because it works.
    4) Do DVD strength or yoga workouts 39 days.
    READY, SET, SPRING!
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Damn ! such misleading title.
  • Bryo4
    Bryo4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in! By June 20, I will...

1. Have run 100 miles (That averages out to about two 5K runs half the weeks, three 5K runs the other half).
    2. Weigh less than 135 lbs. Just need to shave off a bit of winter weight.
    3. Match my previous lbs for full sets on bench press, deadlift and squat. I really need to get back to lifting regularly. I miss it.

I've never really paid much attention to the social aspects of MFP, but I'm up for accountability this time around. Feel free to send me a request if you're in this challenge. I have the same username on Runkeeper.

• mom2rpkp
    Options
    Bryo4 wrote: »
    I'm in! By June 20, I will...

1. Have run 100 miles (That averages out to about two 5K runs half the weeks, three 5K runs the other half).
    2. Weigh less than 135 lbs. Just need to shave off a bit of winter weight.
    3. Match my previous lbs for full sets on bench press, deadlift and squat. I really need to get back to lifting regularly. I miss it.

I've never really paid much attention to the social aspects of MFP, but I'm up for accountability this time around. Feel free to send me a request if you're in this challenge. I have the same username on Runkeeper.

Great! I'm on RunKeeper, too. I too don't usually use the community aspects, but find encouraging others really helps me stay accountable. Let's be sure to note potential pitfalls. For me, if I've overeaten, it's hard to log. If I go offtrack by more than a day or two, it becomes a slippery slope.
  • Bryo4
    Options
    mom2rpkp wrote: »

Great! I'm on RunKeeper, too. I too don't usually use the community aspects, but find encouraging others really helps me stay accountable. Let's be sure to note potential pitfalls. For me, if I've overeaten, it's hard to log. If I go offtrack by more than a day or two, it becomes a slippery slope.

I'm sitting at the bottom of a pretty slippery slope myself, trying to overcome the inertia. I also tend to let the perfect be the enemy of the good. I do think if someone is "watching" I do better. Thanks for starting this!
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    Love the phrase "let the perfect be the enemy of the good."
  • tiffanynew2015
    tiffanynew2015 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) by June 20 I will have an average of 10k steps a day, run one mile without stopping, lose 10 more pounds, get my finances in check and decrease my stress :) I think that's enough!
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    It is enough, Tiffany! I love how you have chosen goals that look at your whole life. I know when I am handling the details of life well (finances, housework, etc.), I am less stressed and better able to effect positive changes. Please let us know how we can best support and encourage you. Welcome! - Bonnie
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    March 21st: Logged every bite = Yes. Spent time outside = Yes. 10 K steps = No. Not the best nutrition today, but didn't binge. Not the best exercise today, but wasn't a slug. Moderation today; that is hard for me!
  • Bryo4
    Options
    March 22 - 3.11 miles down, 96.89 to go! Wasn't the fastest 5K ever, but it counts. Plan is to get my rear to the gym in the morning and pick some heavy stuff up. I didn't set a goal here of getting 10,000 daily steps in, but that is my Fitbit goal and I hit it. Also came in under calories. And welcome, Tiffany! I remember the first time I ran a mile without stopping. It felt awesome!
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    Great job!
    Bryo4 wrote: »
    March 22 - 3.11 miles down, 96.89 to go! Wasn't the fastest 5K ever, but it counts. Plan is to get my rear to the gym in the morning and pick some heavy stuff up. I didn't set a goal here of getting 10,000 daily steps in, but that is my Fitbit goal and I hit it. Also came in under calories. And welcome, Tiffany! I remember the first time I ran a mile without stopping. It felt awesome!

• mom2rpkp
    Options
    It's a great day to be active! I woke up wanting to slug out/eat but chose to reframe my thinking - chose to just take one healthy action (eating a healthy breakfast). By the time I was done, the sun was out and now I'm ready to roll. Have a great day and remember, a healthy lifestyle isn't all-or-nothing; just a series of little choices.
  • Bryo4
    Options
    mom2rpkp wrote: »
    a healthy lifestyle isn't all-or-nothing; just a series of little choices.

Excellent advice! I also find that starting the day on the right foot makes all the other choices easier.
  • tiffanynew2015
    tiffanynew2015 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse so getting my steps in is a silly goal considering it has to be done anyway :)
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    I had a great day! Lots of time outside, lots of steps, restful. Good nutrition, didn't overeat. I shpuld have had lunch and/or some snacks but I was happy and busy all day and not overly hungry. I hope you all are doing great!
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    I'm a nurse so getting my steps in is a silly goal considering it has to be done anyway :)

I don't think it's silly! I teach preschool special ed and frequently get 6 to 9 K at work. It all counts. Lots of studies show it's healthier to be active throughout the day than sitting all day then doing a killer workout. How are you doing on your other goals? Please be sure to let us know how we can encourage you!
  • slinkroum829
    slinkroum829 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got an Activity Tracker on Monday, downloaded this app yesterday , and I am still tring to figure things out. This timeline coincides with my goal to lose weight before our vacation the last week of June, so I'm in.

1. I commit lo logging my food every day.
    2. To do yoga at least 3 x a week and walk or run 3 x a week.
    3. To eat cleaner and healthier.
    4. To reach my goal weight by the end of this challenge.
    Sharon
  • slinkroum829
    slinkroum829 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did awesome. I went to hot yoga after work, ate sensible, logged everything, and was under my alloted calories for the day (after workout and steps of course).
  • Blufairae
    Blufairae Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just getting started again after having my third baby. This looks like a great way to be accountable as I get started again. My goals:

1. Log all food at least 5 days a week.
    2. Start by working out once a week, work up to 3+ days per week.
    3. Increase to walking 10,000 steps per day at least 5 days per week. Currently average 3-5,000.
  • mom2rpkp
    Options
    Welcome, Blufairae and Sharon! I love the specificity of your goals, and that they are challenging yet realistic! Please be sure to let thr group know where your challenges lie and how we can best support you through them.