Looking for friends and motivation around Memphis, TN!

Options
I just moved here with my husband and know absolutely no one :( Im trying to find some people to hit up Planet Fitness with, walking buddies, or just friends to hang out with! Just started exercising again and Im praying on muscle memory, lol. I have a little dog looking for pals too :):):)

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi! :]

It can be daunting walking into a gym on your own but I've found it works better for me. I'm not distracted and I can do things *my way* and at my pace, so I personally take full advantage of being a gym-loner! :)

Saying that, you will probably find yourself meeting people AT the gym! Go regularly enough and you'll be seeing the same faces and will most likely form some great bonds that way.

Of course, MFP will help you stay on track and keep that motivation! Good luck!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I lived near Memphis for a while...back up north now. You can add me if you need a supportive friend.
  • Buggy2011
    Buggy2011 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, i'm in Memphis. I wont go to PF but i'm up for walks w/ the pups and such.
  • TrueBeautyDanielle
    TrueBeautyDanielle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby also moved to Memphis this past fall. We also go to planet fitness and are looking to meet like minded people. Oh, and our dog is super friendly!