I'm New

Options
coinruby
coinruby Posts: 13 Member
I am 42, 4'11 and weigh 224. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, thyroid problem, bipolar, and recently found out my heart is now enlarged. I have a 6 month old grandbaby. Three gorgeous daughters 19, 16, & 14. I'm married to an amazing man, for now almost 15 years! :) I am a child of God and after all this I just figured out I have to physically take care of me. I want to be the positive encouraging example in all of their lives. Thank God for my dietician, Lori Boyd and My fitness pal.

Replies

• Kelis0331
    Kelis0331 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! The Lord is good. I'm a Christian as well and I have 3 family members who are bipolar. I just want to encourage you to keep fighting the good fight. You're on the right track with taking control of your health. The Lord is with you and he will see you through this journey.
  • RR0817
    RR0817 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We all get wrapped up in taking care of others and we forget to take care of ourselves. Sometimes you have to put yourself first...it's OK. It took me a LONG time to realize that I am important too! Good Luck and God Bless!
  • coinruby
    Options
    TnR4life wrote: »
    We all get wrapped up in taking care of others and we forget to take care of ourselves. Sometimes you have to put yourself first...it's OK. It took me a LONG time to realize that I am important too! Good Luck and God Bless!

• coinruby
    Options
    So true! Thank you so much! :)
  • coinruby
    Options
    Kelis0331 wrote: »
    Welcome!! The Lord is good. I'm a Christian as well and I have 3 family members who are bipolar. I just want to encourage you to keep fighting the good fight. You're on the right track with taking control of your health. The Lord is with you and he will see you through this journey.

• coinruby
    Options
    I appreciate that. Thank you! :)