Need a motivation buddy

Options
Hi, this is my first time here. Have been trying to lose weight 3years now, I'm now 27 still no weight loss. Hopefully this app can assist me. I will really love for some motivation. Thanks

Replies

• CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    HI, one you can do this!! Two the app can help you track your calories if you are diligent about putting everything in there. Getting yourself into a calorie deficit is what you need to lose weight. Many people don't track everything they eat well and end up over eating.. They get frustrated thinking they are eating lower calorie and not losing. So get a food scale, weigh and track everything and you will do great!!
  • ceirrelynnbeecher
    ceirrelynnbeecher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your frustration and it is hard however just know that you arent in the in this alone there are millions of others doing the same thing that you are doing. The first step is to just get right to it, i know its easier said than done however im here if you want someone to talk to. The best way to get in touch with me is via email if you would like to stay in touch (ceirrebeecher4@gmail.com) but i feel like this is my year and i am going to take it by storm. The first thing that i learned from using this app is that i dont drink enough water and that for the amount of excerise/ movement i do throughout the day doesnt match how much im supposed to eat for alot of people this issue is very common. I could use some encouragement to eat more. Lets see how this goes
  • cynthia_luv2006
    cynthia_luv2006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI, one you can do this!! Two the app can help you track your calories if you are diligent about putting everything in there. Getting yourself into a calorie deficit is what you need to lose weight. Many people don't track everything they eat well and end up over eating.. They get frustrated thinking they are eating lower calorie and not losing. So get a food scale, weigh and track everything and you will do great!!
    Thanks Casper, for your words of encouragement I will most definitely track everything that enters my mouth.

• cynthia_luv2006
    Options
    I completely understand your frustration and it is hard however just know that you arent in the in this alone there are millions of others doing the same thing that you are doing. The first step is to just get right to it, i know its easier said than done however im here if you want someone to talk to. The best way to get in touch with me is via email if you would like to stay in touch (ceirrebeecher4@gmail.com) but i feel like this is my year and i am going to take it by storm. The first thing that i learned from using this app is that i dont drink enough water and that for the amount of excerise/ movement i do throughout the day doesnt match how much im supposed to eat for alot of people this issue is very common. I could use some encouragement to eat more. Lets see how this goes

Yah it's really hard. People like u is what keep me going. I believe u've already taken the year by storm congrats on your progress. N thanks for your advice I sure ll remember them
  • MeganSchuyler16
    MeganSchuyler16 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Could use some motivation as well. Looking to lose about 65lbs and get back to my goal weight of 150lbs.
  • cynthia_luv2006
    Options
    Hi Megan, I just added you. We can both be each other motivation. I'm very excited about this I know we r gonna reach my goals.
  • lfod308
    lfod308 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynthia. The calorie counting part of the app combined with the support here makes it impossible to fail if you stick with it. I try to focus on how much better I feel eating right rather than losing the weight. I love fast food but feel tired and weak after eating it. I know you will succeed.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    If you're looking for new friends feel free to add me. You can most definitely do this!
  • mamacita0610
    mamacita0610 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new and need some support buddies too! Please add me! B)
  • cynthia_luv2006
    Options
    Hey guys. Thanks for all encouragement. I really do appreciate it. The past days has been alittle challenging for me especially with school works n all but I'm back with full force and sticking this time. Thanks a lot
  • cynthia_luv2006
    Options
    I am new and need some support buddies too! Please add me! B)
    Welcome mamacita0610, I'm pretty new myself, 6days in but glad we can both motivate each other. I believe u can do it just be consistent with the app and its adviceable to join some of the challenges, they help alots.

• cynthia_luv2006
    Options
    lfod308 wrote: »
    Hi Cynthia. The calorie counting part of the app combined with the support here makes it impossible to fail if you stick with it. I try to focus on how much better I feel eating right rather than losing the weight. I love fast food but feel tired and weak after eating it. I know you will succeed.

Thanks Ifod308, it means a lot to me.
  • cynthia_luv2006
    Options
    If you're looking for new friends feel free to add me. You can most definitely do this!

Thanks Amelia I just added u.
  • bonniedas22
    bonniedas22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynthia. You can add me. Would be glad to help you :smiley:
  • abcabc31683168
    abcabc31683168 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am eager to loss weight
    but I am too gluttonous
    especially for sweets><
    it's really hard to quit it
    you are not alone! ;)
  • ioana2201
    ioana2201 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynthia. Did you already started ? I am here in the same situation as you and would love to share my experience and motivate you and get some motivation in front of that chocolate bar. Please add me and let's say this KG goodby
  • cynthia_luv2006
    Options
    Hey ioana,
    I just added you. We definitely gonna see some drop in the KG before summer. Welcome onboard.
  • cynthia_luv2006
    Options
    Hi Cynthia. You can add me. Would be glad to help you :smiley:

Hi Bonnie,
    I just added you.