Intermittent fasting

Options
hi im starting IF today and looking for friends and support that follow this way of eating and any advice most welcome

Replies

• coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued. So basically you eat 2 meals in 8hrs then nothing for 16 correct? Or can I have 4 small meals in the allotted time? Overall Sounds doable. Count me in! Add me as your friend & we can keep in touch on how it's going. I just had lunch so I may try & hold out until breakfast tomorrow. This is gonna be fun! I've done lots of fasting & cleanses in the past but never tried this one. Best thing about it is it can be a way of life. & what better time to begin than with the changing of the seasons! This is just what I've been looking for! Yay Us!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the group.....lots of info there

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • hawilliams78
    hawilliams78 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am starting IF today. My eating window will be 11am-7pm. Feel free to add me. :)
  • allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Have been on IF for about 6 months now. Its awesome
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm starving! It's my 1st day :# gonna try switching out ice water for hot tea & see if that helps otherwise will just end up starting early today with my 8. Lol! the irony of number choice. Wish I had just ate....get it? 8=ATE
  • acabrera7442014
    acabrera7442014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been interested in doing IF. Tthose who have tried or are currently doing it what do you think about it?
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I have no conclusive results -if intermittent fasting is working or not but it sure saves a lot of time.
    The weight is dropping but I have a deficit and I stay true to it.

I fast from 6 pm to 8 am.
    If we had access to DEXA scan -then we can truly see if this -works and by what degree. Bio impedance fat tracking machines aren't very accurate-that's what I've been told.