BodyBugg/BodyMedia Fit Users

Options
2»

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I sync my bodybugg just before dinner to see where I'm at, but I do the 12 midnight to 12 midnight for the "official" read. Since we are friends, you'll notice my post every morning saying my results from the day before. Since it calculates my total burn until midnight, I don't want to call it a day until it's really the next day. By now, I have a pretty good idea on what my burn will be depending on workouts and what else I've done during the day. Then I just log my food in the program througout the day and sync before dinner and I'll know if I need to eat a little less for dinner or a little more.

You're going to love it!!

Yes, I do notice yours! I think its great, excited to try it...who knew this thing would have me so excited? haha
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I don't use my bodybugg anymore, but I used to wear it 24/7. I didn't change arms, though.... I heard it doesn't read properly if you do that. I liked being able to see how many calories I burned while I slept.

Shannon
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I sync my bodybugg just before dinner to see where I'm at, but I do the 12 midnight to 12 midnight for the "official" read. Since we are friends, you'll notice my post every morning saying my results from the day before. Since it calculates my total burn until midnight, I don't want to call it a day until it's really the next day. By now, I have a pretty good idea on what my burn will be depending on workouts and what else I've done during the day. Then I just log my food in the program througout the day and sync before dinner and I'll know if I need to eat a little less for dinner or a little more.

You're going to love it!!

Yes, I do notice yours! I think its great, excited to try it...who knew this thing would have me so excited? haha

LOL - it's really exciting to do anything new - and anything that motivates is great right?!! Using a Bodybugg/BodyMedia Fit is really eye-opening. I can't wait to hear all about your experience. It's really amazing what a difference the little things make in your daily burn. Enjoy!!!!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have an opinion?
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I love my body media. Its very accurate and its amazing to see how much you REALLY burn in a workout. I think if everyone had one it would be very eye opening to people.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love my body media. Its very accurate and its amazing to see how much you REALLY burn in a workout. I think if everyone had one it would be very eye opening to people.

Well mine said I burned about half what the elliptical and my hrm said. Also despite the fact that my heart averaged 129 for 35 minutes, peaking at 150+ it did not count that as Vigorous exercise. I hope I get the hang of it soon!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options

Well mine said I burned about half what the elliptical and my hrm said. Also despite the fact that my heart averaged 129 for 35 minutes, peaking at 150+ it did not count that as Vigorous exercise. I hope I get the hang of it soon!

That seems to be right though -- I mean the vigorous exercise thing. I would think vigorous would be 160 or higher... when I run intervals I get my heart rate up to 175 or so... I am dying to see what this thing says!
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media and have gotten so frustrated with it that I've stopped wearing it! My problem is this: I can not wear it for three days (just forget sometimes!) then plug it in to charge and sync it, and it says that so far today I've already burned 793 calories!! And I've double-checked the date; it is reporting calories burned on a day when I'm not even wearing it. Plus, when I first set up my account I was visiting my parents in Canada. I have since changed my time zone setting to Australia and my specific area, but the day measurement is still off, so I can't actually what I'm doing at what time.

I just feel like I can't trust it now and have had no support from their tech people. Very frustrating after spending all that money on the brand new bluetooth version and a year's subscription to their service.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    It automatically fills in data from previous wears to account for the calories that you burned while not wearing it. This is beneficial if you ask me. For instance my husband wore his at night originally and burned about 550 calories a night, now he elects not to wear it at night so instead of it just ignoring these calories that he usually burns, it assumes that he burned those same 550 calories and adds it in for his daily calorie burn. He can then edit off body if say he was doing something different to change calories. Like last week he played basketball for 2 hours and only wore the 1st hour. The second hour he actually edited off body to give himself the same amount of calories he burned the first hour.
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    Sounds like a smart monitor -- has your husband had any problems while driving? Online on amazon some people reporter problems with the body media thinking driving = working out ...

I just ordered mine last night ... I cannot wait!
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    I have not personally but we don't hit the freeway just residential streets. They say the monitor has a ten percent error either way. You may burn 10% more is less. I assume less and adjust calories accordingly. That way if calories earned while driving they will ne accounted for in that 10 percent error. Enjoy. I love mine and can't imagine getting to goal without it.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It automatically fills in data from previous wears to account for the calories that you burned while not wearing it. This is beneficial if you ask me. For instance my husband wore his at night originally and burned about 550 calories a night, now he elects not to wear it at night so instead of it just ignoring these calories that he usually burns, it assumes that he burned those same 550 calories and adds it in for his daily calorie burn. He can then edit off body if say he was doing something different to change calories. Like last week he played basketball for 2 hours and only wore the 1st hour. The second hour he actually edited off body to give himself the same amount of calories he burned the first hour.

This is REALLY good to know. Thanks so much! I was getting so angry! :flowerforyou:
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    No problem. I heat bmf has bad customer service however if you look them up on Facebook you can post questions on there wall and they respond within 24 hours.
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    My Body Media is shipped... will be here Feb 23rd... Im too excited!
  • momo1826
    momo1826 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got mine, charged it and put it on and it said that from 4:40pm to 9:00pm I burnt 4400 calories! After reading through forums I see why since it "assumes" calories burnt and such, however, when I try to only edit the calories i actually burnt while wearing it I can't cut out the "dead" calories with the edit-off feature and I can't figure out why. Is it because it's my first day wearing and I should just wear it for a few days until I get the hand of things?

I want to love this thing as much as everyone else but I want to make sure I love it for the right reasons.