yummy/healthy snacks?

Options
Hello everyone!
I feel snacks are my little treat for the day. I mostly eat fruit, cereal bars, and carrtots. I was wondering if guys could share your yummy snacks?

Replies

• mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Nuts, string cheese, Greek yogurt.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I don't usually snack, and I'm not a fan of paying for overpriced "diet food."

BUT-a huge treat for me are the slim fast snack bars. There's one 'nut crunch' one that tastes exactly like a Crispy Crunch bar.

I also love Carob coated raisins that you can get at a bulk or health food store.
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hummus, fiber gourmet light cheese snacks (ccrackers), fruit, string cheese, salsa
  • ninja88
    ninja88 Posts: 32
    Options
    Weight watchers has delicious oreo ice cream bars, I looove them, but they are over priced diet food.
    What I really love to snack on is Laughing Cow Cheese with some Honey Wheat Pretzel Twists, they are delightful!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    If you search for "awesome peanut butter cookies" you will find a recipe for organic peanut butter cookies with 98 calories per 2" cookie, good fiber content as they are made with oatmeal and whole wheat pastry flour, and low in sodium.

Found it:

MFP calculated per serving: 98 calories 3 g fat 15 g carbs 3 g protein 1 g fiber 92 mg sodium
    Makes 18 cookies

Ingredients:

Dry Stuff
    • 5/8 c organic whole wheat pastry flour
    • 3/4 c organic quick oats
    • ¼ c organic dried cane juice
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1/2 tsp baking soda

Moist Stuff
    • 6 Tbsp organic smooth natural peanut butter ( unsalted, unsweetened)
    • 1/2 c organic brown rice syrup
    • 1 large organic egg
    • 2 tsp vanilla

1. Combine dry ingredients
    2. Combine moist ingredients
    3. Mix dry and moist ingredients together.
    4. Cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
    5. Roll batter into 2" ball put on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or baking sheet for cookies.
    6. Flatten with a fork or your hand.
    7. Bake at 375 for 12 to 14 minutes - edges will be slightly browned - be careful not to burn.
  • cindysg3
    cindysg3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    40 calorie sugarfree fudgsicle
    Homemade popcorn-- I use JT white in canola oil with a touch of salt after popping. I figure the amount per cup and eat from 1-4 cups depending on the number of calories I have left or feel like "spending" for the treat.

I am a sweet/salty gal so I have the two together.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    a cup or so of freshly diced fruit - watermelon, canteloupe, orange, apple, etc.
    also yogurt, carrot sticks, celery sticks, dry cereal, cucumber
  • Gretchen22276
    Options
    I love those slim fast snack bars. A worthy feel like I'm eating a real candybar sort of treat. My other go-to's are string cheese, Greek yogurt and fruit spread, pita chips, almonds and I make my own trail mix with almonds or pistachios and dried fruit.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    hummus with wasa crispbread or veggies, cottage cheese, fruit, jello pudding made with 2% milk (yeah its pretty much just sugar but it really satisfies a chocolate or sweet craving and its low in calories.)
  • kissaful
    kissaful Posts: 1
    Options
    There's so many healthy snacks!
    I'll list some of my favorites!
    Skinny cow cheese- 35 cal
    With apple pieces -80

Or low fat sugar free yogurt - 50 cal
    With strawberries- 20

Or blueberries-20
    With whip cream-25
  • sheils8
    sheils8 Posts: 57
    Options
    banana soft serve, i like to add chocolate sometimes, or peanut butter.....(from oh she glows blog)

make my own trail mix of raisins and nuts

i love chia seed pudding......also from oh she glows
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I really like eating tomatoes lol. A lot! :indifferent: Low calorie, and tasty. I especially like the Trader Joes Mini Heirloom tomatoes :D

Also, Trader Joes frozen mango chunks on top of Trader Joes Organic Lowfat Plain Yogurt (I don't recommend sugar free stuff...)
    16 chunks of the mango (around 1X1 inch each) is only 90 calories...and the yogurt is low cal and tasty :D

As you can see, I highly recommend simply hitting up Trader Joes haha :laugh:
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    My favorite snacks are the 100 calorie bags of Kettle Corn and also a cup of vanilla yogurt with granola - I take 1 of those Nature Valley Oat and Honey bars and smash it in a bag and pour the yogurt into a fancy schmancy cup and pour the mashed granola bar on top of it - it looks like a super fancy treat LOL so good though. About 180 calories if you use the Dannon Light n fit vanilla yogurt cups - which are my favorite :)
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    I really like eating tomatoes lol. A lot! :indifferent: Low calorie, and tasty. I especially like the Trader Joes Mini Heirloom tomatoes :D

Also, Trader Joes frozen mango chunks on top of Trader Joes Organic Lowfat Plain Yogurt (I don't recommend sugar free stuff...)
    16 chunks of the mango (around 1X1 inch each) is only 90 calories...and the yogurt is low cal and tasty :D

As you can see, I highly recommend simply hitting up Trader Joes haha :laugh:

:laugh: I wish we had Trader Joe's here in FL!!!! UGH! We don't have anything good here. Just Publix... which has great fresh produce and I love their fruit bowls, but still nothing even close to a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods or Harris Teeter.... *sigh* I miss my northern grocery stores!!!
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    Take mini bell peppers, cut off the tops and stuff with 1/2 wedge of Skinny Cow cheese (any kind). Put the tops back on and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Eat what you want and refrigerate the rest. We call them Poppers. I take the leftover poppers to work with me and eat one of two during the day. Good protein and low calories! YUMMY!!!!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I like mini nilla wafers and i just found a sugar free milk chocolate mousse pudding at Walmart. Together they taste like french silk pie!:love: (10 wafers and pudding is 130 calories)
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I make my own "snack mix." I put it into little baggies so I don't munch on too much. Usually include almonds, some sort of seeds (pumpkin are my favorite), infused cranberries and pretzels or goldfish. It fills me up fast and is more healthy than store bought. Helps to keep my chip craving under control too! I also love vegetables and hummus, carrots and sugar snap peas are the best.
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    mmm including everything on my to-snack list! yummy selections!
  • lulita73
    lulita73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What I like to eat for a snack is Cottage cheese and Pineapple or peaches, of course lowfat and no sugar added. It's satisfying and it tastes great. combine one serving of each.
  • lulita73
    lulita73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious. Yum!